Total views : 232
Resource Reservation and Improved QoS for Real Time Applications in MANET
Background/Objective: Real time data communication in Mobile Adhoc Network is a demanding issue due to the selfgoverning nature of mobile devices which are connected with each other by wireless links. Nodes frequently change their position and location remaining connected to the network which is without any base or any infrastructure. Careful considerations have to be made during designing the protocols for real time data transmission which are highly sensitive and time constrained. Common challenges faced by real time data transmission are efficient energy utilization, scalability of the network, optimized use of bandwidth, resource reservation, reducing chance of link failure, security, Quality of Service (QoS) consideration, dynamically changing topology etc. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Here, we present a cross layer communication centered quality of service platform with foundation of an energy optimized Ad hoc On- Demand distance Vector (AODV) protocol that uses a delay achieved and power efficient elevated routing algorithm at the network layer as part of the QoS platform. Secondly enhanced method of resource reservation such as bandwidth management, reduced power consumption with longevity of residual power of highly movable nodes has been implemented with co-ordination of data link layer for smooth transmission of real time packets over the network with minimum queuing delay and propagation delay. Results: Simulation result produces better efficiency of our proposed architecture in terms of better packet delivery ratio and improved network life time when compared with other similar approaches. Application: The proposed architecture provides efficient QoS aware routing with resource reservation in MANET.
Ad hoc On-Demand distance Vector (AODV), Bandwidth, MANET, Resource Reservation, QoS.
- Amel B, Zoulikha M. Routing Technique with Cross-layer Approach in Ad hoc Network, Second IEEE International conference on Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT), 2009.
- Asokan R. Review of Quality of Service (QoS) Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad hoc Network, IEEE, ICWCSC, 2010.
- Cha J, Go K, Kim J, Park W. TDMA based multi-hop resource reservation protocol for real-time applications in tactical mobile ad hoc networks, IEEE MCC- PNPPT, 2010.
- Kim M, Suh Y, Kim Y, Choi Y. A Resource Reservation Protocol in Wireless Mobile Networks, IEEE International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshop, 2001.
- Premalatha J, Balasubramanie P. Enhancing Quality of service in MANETS by Effective routing, IEEE ICWCSC, 2010.
- Murthy S, Manoj S. Ad-hoc wireless Networks Architectures and Protocol, Pearson Education, 2005.
- Memon S, Hashmani M. A new Algorithm to resource reservation for prioritized traffic in MANETs, IEEE International Conference on Future Networks, 2009, p.43-47.
- Memon S, Hashmani M. Premeditated polices to resource reservation for prioritized traffic in multi hop ad hoc networks, IEEE NCTT and Malaysia Conference on Photonics, 2008, p. 202-207.
- Forouzan B. Computer Networks.4th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Description of the Resource Reservation Protocol. https://support.microsoft.com/enus/kb/227261 Date accessed: 30/01/2016.
- Usha G, Kavitha G. Resource Reservation using PRTMAC Protocol in MANET. International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC). 2012 Jun; 2(3):328-34.
- Rath M, Pattanayak B. A methodical survey on on real time applications in MANETS: Focusing on key issues. High Performance Computing and Applications (ICHPCA), 2014 International Conference. 2014 Dec; 1-5:22-24.
- Rath M, Pattanayak, B, Rout U. Study of Challenges and Survey on Protocols Based on Multiple Issues in Mobile Ad hoc Network. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10:36042-45.
- Pattanayak B, Rath M. A Mobile Agent Based Intrusion Detection System Architecture For Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Journal of Computer Science. 2014; 10:970-75.
- Rath M, Pattanayak B, Pati B. A Contemporary Survey and Analysis of Delay and Power Based Routing Protocols in MANET. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016 Jan; 11(1)
- Rath M, Pattanayak BK, Pati B. Energy Efficient MANET Protocol Using Cross Layer Design for Military Applications. Defence Science Journal. 2016 Mar; 66(2).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.