Total views : 285
A Hybrid Model of Grid Connected Sola Photovoltaic (PV) Cell with Partial Shading
SolarPhotovoltaic (PV)-Hydro Diesel cells are being used in electric power sector from a very long time. These solar PV cells have found their wide utilisation in commercial aspects. With the reduction of oil based fossil fuel resources, the various advancements taking place in solar PV technology have further amounted to this important cause. A major challenge in this field is to track the point of highest output power from the solar PV cells. In order to achieve this, various Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) techniques have been studied and analysed in the literature. Out of all, the two techniques Perturb and Observe (P&O) and Incremental Conductance (IC) are the basic MPPT techniques which are simple to implement and analyse. This paper endeavours a novel adaptive new hybrid technique algorithm which is based on inference system for MPPT technique. The proposed hybrid under partial shading solar PV model with MPPT technique performs quite better when compared with other techniques in terms of transient state response.
Double-diode, Maximum Power, Perturb and Observe, Photovoltaic, Single-diode.
- Reddy KP, Rao MG. Modelling and Simulation of hybrid wind solar energy system using MPPT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–5.
- Dalala D, Zakariya M, Zahid ZZU, Yu W, Cho Y, Lai JS. Design and analysis of an MPPT technique for small-scale wind energy conversion systems. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2013 Sep; 28(3):756–67.
- Jain J, Agarwal S. A new algorithm for rapid tracking of approximate maximum power point in PV-Hydro systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2004; 2(1):16–19.
- Bhandari B, Binayak B, Poudel SR, Lee K T, Ahn SS-H. Mathematical modelling of hybrid renewable energy system: A review on small hydro-solar-wind power generation. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-green Technology.2014 Apr; 1(2):157–73.
- Meshram M, Sweeka S, Agnihotri G, Gupta S. Power management strategy for active power sharing in hydro/PV/battery hybrid energy system. Chinese Journal of Engineering. 2013 Oct; 2013:1–7.
- Rao R, Rama PVV, Prasanna BK, Palleswari YTR. Modelling and simulation of utility interfaced PV/hydro hybrid electric power system. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering. 2014; 8(8):1311–16.
- Jayesh P, Doolla S. Analysis of PV-hydro isolated power systems. India Conference (INDICON), 2013 Annual IEEE; 2013 Dec. p. 1–6.
- Kimball K, Krein JW. Discrete-time ripple correlation control for maximum power point tracking. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 Sep; 23(5):2353–62.
- Enigma – File Exchange – MATLAB Central – Math Works [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Jul 17]. Available from: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/51009-enigma.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.