Total views : 227
Priority based Burst Assembly for Optical Burst Switched Network
Objective: In this paper, burst is aggregated on the basis of priority of the packets coming from different networks at the edge node of the optical network to enhance the QoS parameters such as burst drop, delay, packet delivery ratio and packet error. Methods: To reduce traffic related problems in optical switched network different algorithms are used to assemble the bursts and their scheduling in the core network. Bursts are assembled on the basis of time, length and hybrid technique which are scheduled in the core network to reach the edge node and then to their actual or true destinations.In this study, bursts are aggregated on the basis of priority of packets coming from different networks to enhance the network parameters. High and low priority packets are aggregated separately into ht bursts on the basis of which bursts of high priority packets followed by bursts of low priority packets are scheduled in the network. After reaching at edge node, bursts are dissembled into packets and then sent to their actual destinations. Findings: The proposed algorithm is simulated in MATLAB with dynamic number of nodes (50-60 for better results) on area of 2000 * 2000 units. Priority based burst assembly algorithm is used for aggregation of bursts and it has been analyzed in terms of network parameters such as delay, packet error, burst drop and burst delivery ratio. Applications: the main application of OBS network is at the backbone of Internet due to which the usage of Internet is easy and faster because data is sent on different bandwidths at the same time.
Burst Aggregation, Optical Burst Switching, Scheduling.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. An adaptive reservation scheme for optical network. Optik. 2011; 122:281–6.
- Mangwala M, Ekabua OO. A survey of burst assembly algorithms for Optical Burst Switching (OBS). International Journal of Engineering and Technology Research. 2013; 1(7):107–15.
- Wen B, Bhide NM, Shenai RK, Sivalingam KM. Optical wavelength division multiplexing network simulator: Architecture and performance studies. SPIE Optical Networks Magazine. 2001; 2(5):16–26.
- Cameron C, Zalesky A, Zukerman M. Prioritized deflection routing in optical burst switching networks. IEICE Transactions on Communications. 2005; 88(5):1861–7.
- Chen Y, Turner JS, Mo PF. Optimal scheduling in optical burst switched network. Journal of Lightwave Technology.2007; 25(8):1883–94.
- Kavitha V, Palanisamy V. New burst assembly and scheduling technique for optical burst switching networks. Journal of Computer Science. 2013; 9(8):1030–40.
- Chen Y, Turner JS, Zhai Z. Contour based priority scheduling in optical burst switched networks. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2007; 25(8):1949–60.
- Lee SY, Han YT, Park HS. Priority scheduling in optical burst switching networks. 7th International Conference on Optical Internet, COIN 2008; 2008.
- Li J, Qiao C, Xu J, Xu D. Maximizing throughput for optical burst switching network. ACM Transactions on Networking.2007; 15(5):1163–76.
- Detti A, Eramo V, Listanti M. Performance evaluation of a new technique for IP support in a WDM optical network: Optical composite burst switching. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2002; 20(2):154–65.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. A new flexible and enhancing band width utilization burst dropping technique for an OBS network.Optik. 2011; 122:225–7.
- Yu X, Li J, Cao X, Chen Y, Qiao C. Traffic statistics and performance evaluation in optical burst switched networks.Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2004; 22(12).
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. An efficient scheme for optimizing channel utilization in OBS networks. Optik. 2010; 121: 793–9.
- Kim BC, Cho YZ, Lee JH, Choi YS, Montgomery D. Performance of optical burst switching techniques in multi-hop networks. Global Telecommunications Conference. 2002; 3:2772–6.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. An efficient scheme for optimizing channel utilization in OBS networks. Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2010; 121(9):793–99.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. Comparison analysis of Optical Burst Switched network architectures. Optik. 2010; 121:1412–17.
- Yong L, Kee CC, Gurusamy M. Achieving high performance burst transmission for bursty traffic using Optical Burst Chain switching in WDM networks. Transactions of Communication. 2010; 58(7):2127–36.
- Seklou K, Sideri A, Kokkinos P, Varvarigos E. New assembly techniques and fast reservation protocols for optical burst switched networks based on traffic prediction. Optical Switching and Networking. 2013; 10(2):132–48.
- Lin J, Chen Y, Albert MK. On-line burst header scheduling in Optical Burst Switching networks. International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications; 2008; p. 363–9.
- Abdallah W, Hamdi M, Boudriga N. Virtual topology optimization for optical traffic grooming in OBS networks. 2010 12th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON); 2010.
- Ben JS. Optical packet and burst switching technologies for the future photonic internet. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2006; 24(12):4468–92.
- Pallavi S, Lakshami M. Performance of optical node for Optical Burst Switching. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(4):383–91.
- Muraleedharan A, Antony N, Nandakumar R. Dynamic time slice round robin scheduling algorithm with unknown burst time. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(8).
- Priya T, Samual SJ. Priority based multi sencar technique in wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(21).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.