Total views : 222
Microwave Assisted Casting for Fabrication of Micro Components
Objective: To perform micro-casting operation by melting lead powder in a micro mold with the help of microwave radiation to get minute shapes in casting. As per the previous research studied, the work on the micro-casting with different shapes has not been done. Methods: Micro mould has been fabricated with the help of vertical machining center. Lead powder has been heated with the help of microwave radiations. Before the experimentation micro mould of graphite of having shapes of star type, and circular has been fabricated using vertical machining center. Findings: Different sizes of 1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm and 5 mm of Pb powder was fabricated by melting lead powder in microwave oven and weights are measured in gram which involves innovation using XRD. Applications: Ink Printing, Shape Deposition, Investment Casting, Wax pattern, etc.
Lead Powder, Micro-Casting, Microwave Radiations.
- Yadav SK, Shukla RK, Kumar A. A numerical study of mould filling in micro casting. 5th International & 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR’14); India. 2014. p. 1-6.
- Yahaya B, Izman S, Konneh M, Redzuan N. Microwave hybrid heating of materials using susceptors - A brief review. Advanced Materials Research. 2014; 845:426-30.
- Arbind P, Gupta D. Microwave cladding: Emerging innovative cladding process. Proceedings of International Confers on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology; 2013. p. 506-12.
- Jerby E, Aktushev O, Dikhtyar V, Livshits P, Anaton A, Yacoby T, Flax A, Inberg A, Armoni D. Microwave drill application for concrete, glass and silicon. Proceedings of 4th World Congress Microwave &Radio;-Frequency Applications; Austin. 2004. p. 7-12.
- George TJ, Kumar P. A feasibility study on drilling of metals through microwave heating. I-Manager’s Journal on Mechanical Engineering. 2012 Apr; 2(2):1-5.
- Jerb E, Dikhtyar V, Aktushev O. Microwave drill for ceramics. American Ceramic Society Bulletin. 2003; 82(1):35-7.
- Das S, Sharma AK. Microwave drilling of materials. BARC News Letter. 2012 Nov-Dec; 329:15-21.
- Yael E, Abby A, Tomer A, Gefen A. Microwave drilling of bones. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 2006 Jun; 53(6):1174-82.
- Rajesh K, Das S. Microwave drilling future possibilities and challenged based on experimental studies. BARC Newsletter. 2012 Nov-Dec; (329):15-21
- Srinath MS, Murthy PS. Simulation and analysis of microwave heating while joining bulk copper. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2012 Jan; 4(2):152-8.
- Amon CH, Beuth JL. Shape deposition manufacturing with microcasting, processing, thermal and mechanical issues. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 1998 Aug; 120(3):656-65.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.