Total views : 224
Analysis of High Gain 4X4 Square Patch Antenna Array for Wireless Applications
Objective: To design a high gain square patch array antenna, that can be applied in the communication modules to improve the system performance. The array performance will depend on the number of elements, geometry of the array and weighting vector used in the design. From array factor, we concentrated on the reception factor of the array with strong function of geometry. Methods/Analysis: Advanced array antennas generally use the planar structure for its numerous advantages. So, a planar square patch 4X4 array antenna is proposed to operate at 2.4 GHz (IEEE 802.11b) WLAN communication application in this paper. Quarter wave transformers are been used in the design to achieve impedance matching of 50 ohms. Findings: An impedance bandwidth of 20% is achieved from the proposed design. The proposed array antenna is showing gain more than 13 dB, efficiency more than 80% with good impedance matching and radiation characteristics. Novelty/Improvement: Planar structure with simple design is the novelty in this model. The improvement in the gain and directivity is unlocking the additional applications in the communication band and providing possible ways for long distance communication.
Array Antenna, Array Factor, High Gain, Impedance Matching, Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).
- Balanis CA, Antenna Theory. John Wiley and Sons, Inc 1996.
- Shahabadi M, Busuioc D, Borji A. Low-Cost, HighEfficiency Quasi-Planar Array of Waveguide-Fed Circularly Polarized Micro-strip Antennas, IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation. 2005; 53:2036–43.
- Madhav BTP, Pisipati VGKM, Khan H, Prasad VGNS, Kumar KP, Bhavani KVL, Prasad PVD. Micro-strip 2x2 Square Patch Array Antenna on K15 Liquid Crystal Substrate, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2011; 6(9):1099−104.
- Madhav BTP, Sowjanya J, Swathi V, Tanmayee P. Circular Array Antenna Synthesis based on Element Spacing, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(20):6959−65.
- Ramkiran DS, Madhav BTP, Haritha N, Ramya RS, Vindhya KM, Abhishek SP. Design and Analysis of Microstrip Slot Array Antenna Configuration for Bandwidth Enhancement, Leonardo Electronic Journal of Practices and Technologies. 2014; 25:72−83.
- Wen-Shyang C, Chum-Kum KL, Wong. Novel Compact Circularly Polarized Square Micro-strip Antenna, IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation. 2001; 49(3):340–42.
- Tong K, Wong TP. Circularly Polarized U-Slot Antenna, IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation. 2007; 55(8):2382–85.
- Jayalakshmi S, et.al. Design and Analysis of High Gain Array Antenna for Wireless Communication Applications, Leonardo Electronic Journal of Practices and Technologies.2015; 26:89−102.
- Lakshmi, et.al. Novel Sequential Rotated 2x2 Array Notched Circular Patch Antenna, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review. 2015; 8(4):73−77.
- Madhav, et.al. Multiband Slot Aperture Stacked Patch Antenna for Wireless Communication Applications, International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology. 2016; 8(4):413−23.
- Srinivas, et.al. Multiband MSP Spiral Slot Antenna with Defected Ground Structure, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016; 11(15).
- Saikrishna, et.al. High Bandwidth Circularly Polarized X-Slot Antenna, Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2016; 16(3):561−72.
- Krishna, et.al. Bandwidth Enhanced Antipodal Vivaldi Antenna for Wide Band Communication Applications, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(31):1−6.
- Ramakrishna, et.al. Micro-strip Line Fed Leaky Wave Antenna with Shorting Vias for Wideband Systems, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016; 6(4):1725−31.
- Ramkiran, et.al. Coplanar Wave Guide Fed Dual Band Notched MIMO Antenna, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016; 6(4):1732−41.
- Sundar, et.al. Parasitic Strip Loaded Dual Band Notch Circular Monopole Antenna with Defected Ground Structure, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016; 6(4):1742−50.
- Raman, et.al. Analysis of Circularly Polarized Notch Band Antenna With DGS, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016; 11(17).
- Chandrasekharet, et.al. Compact UWB MIMO Slot Antenna with Defected Ground Structure, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016; 11(17).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.