Total views : 22
A Comparative Topologies in Grid Connected Photo Voltaic System for Efficient Behavior
The power delivered by a PV system consisting of one or more photovoltaic cells is dependent on the irradiance, temperature, and the current drawn from the cells. Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) is used to obtain the maximum power from these systems. Grid-tied inverters are the key components of distributed generation system because of their function as an effective interface between renewable energy sources and utility. In this paper, Perturb and Observe (P&O) and Incremental Conductance (IC) MPPT controllers are modeled and comparison is carried out. Recently, there has been an increasing interest in the use of transformer less inverter. The leakage current issues of transformer less inverter depends on the topology structure and modulation scheme, so it have to be addressed very carefully to meet the safety regulations. In order to eliminate the leakage current, OH5transformer less inverter topology is proposed and compared with switching inverter. The results concluded that using ICalgorithm the efficiency will improve comparatively. With the use of transformer less OH5 inverter along with ICalgorithm reduction in size and cost is observed. The improvement in efficiency with OH5 inverter is possible because of using five MOSFET switches. With usage of MOSFET switches switching losses and dead time is reduced. The leakage current is less in OH5 inverter compared to all other topologies proposed in reference. So isolation between grid and PV system is possible and safety of operating person is improved.
Boost Converter, Grid Tied Inverter, Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Switching Inverter, Transformer Less OH5 Inverter.
- Mirhassani SM, Ong HC, Chong WT, Leong KY. Advances and challenges in grid tied photovoltaic systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2015 Sep; 49:121–31.
- Bellia H, Youcef R, Fatima M. A detailed modeling of photovoltaic module using MATLAB. NRIAG Journal of Astronomy and Geophysics. 2014 Jun; 3(1):53–61.
- Eltawil MA, Zhao Z. A Grid-connected photovoltaic power systems: Technical and potential problems - A review.Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2010 Jan; 14(1):112–29.
- Tan YT, Kirschen DS. Impact on the power system of a large penetration of photovoltaic generation. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Power Engineering Society General Meeting; 2007 Jun 24. p. 1–8.
- Okada N, Takigawa K. A voltage regulation method for dispersed grid-connected PV systems under high-density connection. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 2003 Feb; 75(3–4):637–46.
- Modabbernia MR, Sahab AR, Mirzaeeand MT, Ghorbany K. The state space average model of boost switching regulator including all of the system uncertainties. Advanced Materials Research. 2011 Nov; 403–408:3476–83.
- Ye Z, Walling R, Garces L, Zhou R, Li L, Wang T. Study and development of anti-islanding control for grid-connected inverters. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Colorado; 2004 May. p. 1–71.
- Punitha K, Devaraj D, Sakthivel S. Development and analysis of adaptive fuzzy controllers for photovoltaic system under varying atmospheric and partial shading condition.Applied Soft Computing. 2013 Nov; 13(11):4320–32.
- Kavitha M, Sivachidambaranathan V. Performance analysis of transformer-less two phase interleaved high gain DC converter using MPPT algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–8.
- Bavitra K, Sinthuja S, Manoharan N, Rajesh S. The high efficiency renewable PV inverter topology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.