Total views : 134
Database Migration using Recovery Manager
Objectives: Migration of databases merging the databases the acquisition of organization is the one of the major problems are Integrity, accuracy, business continuity and technical advances for any organization. Methods/Statistical Analysis: At the time of database migration is observed with the effect of the changes in the parameters of the sources and target platform databases. Database capability is maintained by changing the character set and Endian conversion is done if required. Findings: The Oracle cross platform new technology used to transport databases is XTTS which makes transportation is very easy within shorter period of time even though the size of the file is large. The Oracle provides Recovery Manager to convert the data format from one endian format to other endian format. Applications/Improvement: The results of extrapolation for different datasets are done to estimate the relationship between the size of datasets and the required time for migration.
Endian Conversion, Migration, Network File Systems (NFS), RMAN, Short Time, XTTS (Cross Platform Transportable Table Space).
- Xu B, Lian W, Gao Q. Migration of enterprise Java Beans with proactive interposition objects. SIGPLAN Notices.2003; 38(8):22-8.
- Wang X, Wu Y. Research of strong migration component model of mobile enterprise Java Beans objects based on message passing. Computer Applications and Software.2006; 23(3):51-3.
- Deng F, Wang Q, Mei H. A dynamic migration method and implementation of EJB component. Chinese Journal of Computer Science. 2006 Sept; 34(9A):180-4.
- Wang Q, Yu C, Liu N. An Approach to Heterogeneous Database Migration. China: Information Technology Center Tsinghua University Beijing; 100084.
- Electronic Presentation. Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop I.
- Electronic Presentation. Oracle Database 10 g: Administration Workshop II.
- Oracle Database 10g: SQL Fundamental II.
- Richmond. Component migration with enterprise Java Beans. OOPSLA’00: Addendum to the Proceedings of the Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (Addendum); 2000. p. 79-80.
- Beulah S, Ramesh Dhanaseelan F. Survey on security issues and existing solutions in cloud storage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 1-8.
- Oracle Cross Platform Transportable Tablespace. 2016. Available from: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/ availability/htdocs/xtts.htm
- Oracle Recovery Manager – RMAN. 2016. Available from: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/ htdocs/rman_overview.htm
- DataPump, RMAN CONVERT command. 2016. Available from: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/ utilities/htdocs/data_pump_overview.html
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.