Total views : 61
A Study of Climate Change Impact on Precipitation of Sheonath River Basin
Objectives: Climate change impact assessment on precipitation data. Methods/Statistical analysis: This study is done for estimating the impact of climate change on the precipitation of Jondhara station, in the Seonath river basin, Chhattisgarh, India under A2 and B2 scenario of the HadCM3 GCM model. Statistical Downscaling Model (SDSM) was applied in this work. Selection of predictor variables is the most important steps in the statistical downscaling processes because it mostly affects the quality of the generated scenarios. Linear scaling method was used for the bias correction of the downscaled data in the study. Findings: The values ofR2 and NSE were0.78 and 0.78respectively, for the calibration period (1980-1991) and for the validation period (1992-2001) are 0.70 and 0.69 respectively. These parameters show the good applicability of the model performance. The change in mean annual precipitation during the period 2020- 2049, 2050-2079 and 2080– 2099 are -0.28%, -0.61%, and -2.39% respectively for A2 Scenario in comparison to the baseline period. Similarly, the values are increased 0.22%, 2.22%, and 2.00% respectively for theB2 scenario. Application/Improvements: This paper elaborates the effect of climate change on the precipitation of the Seonath river basin.
Bias Correction, Climate Change, General Circulation Model, Statistical Downscaling Model (SDSM)
- Hartmann DL, Tank AM, Rusticucci M. IPCC fifth assessment report, climate change 2013: The physical science basis. IPCC AR5; 2013. p. 31–9.
- Singh D, Jain SK, Gupta RD. Trend in observed and projected maximum and minimum temperature over NWHimalayan basin. Journal of Mountain Science. 2015 Mar 1;12(2):417–33. Crossref
- Available from: http://www.cgwrd.in/water-resource/ wr.html.
- Xu CY, Singh VP. Review on regional water resources assessment models under stationary and changing climate.Water resources management. 2004 Dec 1;18(6):591–612.Crossref
- Raje D, Mujumdar PP. A conditional random field–based downscaling method for assessment of climate change impact on multisite daily precipitation in the Mahanadi basin. Water Resources Research. 2009 Oct 1;45(10).Crossref
- Verma MK, Verma MK, Swain S. Statistical Analysis of Precipitation over Seonath River Basin, Chhattisgarh, India.International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.2016;11(4):2417–23.
- Available from: http://www.ipcc-data.org/sres/hadcm3_ info.html
- Wilby RL, Dawson CW, Barrow EM. SDSM—a decision support tool for the assessment of regional climate change impacts. Environmental Modelling and Software. 2002 Dec 31;17(2):145–57. Crossref
- Salzmann N, Frei C, Vidale PL, Hoelzle M. The application of regional climate model output for the simulation of high-mountain permafrost scenarios. Global and Planetary Change. 2007 Mar 31;56(1):188–202. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.