Total views : 110
Heat and Mass Transfer Effects Past a Vertical Cone with Electric Conductivity
Numerical investigation of the transient natural convective double diffusion in a Walter-B viscoelastic fluid from a vertical cone with electric conductivity is introduced. Numerical analysis for non dimensional concentration, velocity and temperature fields by utilizing implicit finite difference scheme have been studied for the effect of electric conductivity parameter, Prandtl number (Pr), viscoelasticity parameter. The present discussion fixates on the local Nusselt number skin-friction and Sherwood number. It is observed that the electric conductivity has critical impact on the effect on the viscoelastic fluid flow past vertical cone proximate to the cone surface. Our numerical conclusions are compared with anterior work and a good acquiescent is descried.
Cone, Finite Difference Method, Non-Darcian Porous Medium, Viscoelasticity.
- Bapuji P, Ekambavanan K, Chamkha AJ.Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control. 2008; 13:47–60.
- Carnahan B, Luther HA, Wilkes JO. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1969.
- Hering RG. Laminar free convection from a non-isothermal cone. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 1965; 8:1333–7. Crossref
- Pullepu B, Ekambavanan K, Chamkha AJ. Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control. 2007; 12:525–40.
- Sivaraj R, Kumar RB. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2013; 61:119–28. Crossref
- Mohiddin GS, Prasad VR, Varma SVK, Beg OA. Int. J. Appl. Math. Mech. 2010; 6(15):88–114.
- Mohiddin GS, Beg OA, Varma VKS. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 56(7):17–25.
- Mohiddin GS, Beg OA, Varma VKS. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 56(6):24–31.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.