Total views : 144
Dynamic Scheduling Algorithm for Variants of Hypercube Interconnection Networks
Objectives: Topropose analgorithm for better performance interms of scheduling and the network usage is economical. Method/Statistical Analysis: The dynamic task scheduling algorithm has been proposed for scheduling the load on numerous cube based multiprocessor interconnection networks. Especially the efficiency of the proposed algorithm is examined in terms of performance parameters for instance Load Imbalance Factor’s as well as Execution Time for cube based multiprocessor networks; Nevertheless, a comparison is created with other standard scheduling algorithm. Findings:The comparative simulation study shows that the proposed algorithm gives better performance in terms of task scheduling on various cube based multiprocessor networks. Application: The study in such a direction implies that the variety of processors in folded hypercube has been decreased thus minimizing the cost as well as intricacy of the network without reducing the efficiency of the network. Therefore, a combination of scalable folded hypercube architecture and efficient proposed algorithm is a better organization model that supports variety of informatics applications.
Dynamic Scheduling Algorithm, Hypercube Networks, Interconnection Networks, Minimum Distance Property, Scheduling Performance Parameter
- Khan ZA, Siddiqui J, Samad A. A novel multiprocessor architecture for massively parallel system. Proceeding of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC), India. 2014; p.68–73.Crossref
- Dodonov E, MelloRFd. A novel approach for distributed application scheduling based on prediction of communication events. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2010; 26(3): 740–52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2009.05.004
- Umarani GS, Uma VM, Shanthi AP, Siromoney A. Task Scheduling Model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(S7):33–42. Crossref
- Kang Q, He H, Song H. Task assignment in heterogeneous computing systems using an effective iterated greedy algorithm.The Journal of Systems and Software. 2011;84(2):985–92. Crossref
- Shanmugasundaram M, Kumar R, Mallikarjun KH. Approaches for transient fault tolerance in multiprocessorA State of Art. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(15): 1–9. Crossref
- Rajak N, Dixit A, Rajak R. Classification of list task scheduling algorithms: A short review paper. Journal of Industrial and Intelligent Information. 2014; 2(4): 320–23. Crossref
- Preve N. Balanced Job scheduling based on ant algorithm for grid network. International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing. 2010; 2(1): 34–50. Crossref
- Samad A, Siddiqui J, Khan ZA. Task allocation on linearly extensible multiprocessor system. International Journal of Applied Information Systems. 2016; 10(5):1–5. Crossref
- Martelli F, Bonuccelli MA. Minimum message waiting time scheduling in distributed systems. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2013; 24(9):1797–1806. Crossref
- Alam M, Kumar A. A comparative study of interconnection network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015; 127(4):37–43.
- Saad Y, Schultz MH. Topological properties of hypercubes. IEEE Trans. Computer. 1988; 37(7):867–72. Crossref
- Amway ElA, Latifi S. Properties and performance of folded hypercubes. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 1991;2(1):31–42. Crossref
- Efe K. The crossed cube architecture for parallel computation. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 1992; 3(5): 513–24. Crossref
- Adhikari N, Tripathy CR. Star crossed cube: an alternative to star graph. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences. 2014; 22(3):719–34. Crossref
- Samad A, Siddiqui J, Khan ZA. Properties and performance of cube-based multiprocessor architectures. International journal of applied evolutionary computation. 2016; 7 (1): 67–82. Crossref
- Tandjaoui D, Doudou M. FH-MaC. A Multi-Channel hybrid MaC protocol for wireless mesh networks. International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing. 2009; 1(4):40–56. Crossref
- Khan ZA, Siddiqui J, Samad A. A novel task scheduling algorithm for parallel system. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, INDIACom. India, 2016;p. 3983–86.
- Bokhari MU, Alam M, Hasan F. Performance analysis of dynamic load balancing algorithm for multiprocessor interconnection network. Perspectives in Science. 2016; 8:564–66. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.