Total views : 221
Analyzing HTTP Traffic Patterns for Monitoring and Analyzing User Behavior
Objective: This paper presents a method for analyzing user behavior pattern by evaluating what web users are looking for in websites. Methods/Statistical Analysis: There are various approaches available in diverse fields for analyzing human behavior. In today’s generation web usage has increased tremendously due to wide variety of information and communication facility. The main source of data in web browsing is the web logs that stores user actions on web pages. The generated logs are analyzed in phases and then classification techniques are applied to predict future behavior of the user. Findings: This information can be used by E-commerce companies to know about their customer requirements and can later improve their websites information and structure as per results. Similarly, same analysis technique can be used by organizations to know about employee requirement. Applications/Improvement: This analysis method can be used by E-commerce companies and organizations to predict their customers and employee needs and behavior.
Behavior, Cluster, Pattern, Traffic, Web Log
- Song J, Eugene, Tang Y, Liu L. User behavior pattern analy¬sis and prediction based on mobile phone sensors. NPC’10 Proceedings of the 2010 IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing; Zhengzhou, China. 2010. p. 179–88.
- Wang G, Zhang X, Tang S, Zheng H, Zhao BY. Unsupervised click stream clustering for user behavior analysis. SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; USA. 2016. p. 1–12.
- Umamaheswari S, Srivasta SK. Algorithm for tracing visi¬tors’ on-line behaviors for effective web usage mining. International Journal of Computer Application. 2014 Feb; 87(3):22–8.
- Goel N, Jha C. Analyzing users behavior from web access logs using automated log analyzer tool. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 Jan; 62(2):29–33.
- Zhang J, Zhao P, Shang L, Wang L. Web usage mining based on fuzzy clustering in identifying target group. International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control and Management. 2009; 4:209–12.
- Amit V, Nath K. A survey on web log mining pattern dis¬covery. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(6):7022–31.
- Mishra R, Choubey A. Discovery of frequent patterns from web log data by using FP-Growth algorithm for web usage mining. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science. 2012 Sept; 2(9):311–8.
- Pani S, Panigrahy L, Sankar V, Ratha B, Mandal A, Padhi S. Web usage mining: A survey on pattern extraction from web logs. IJICA. 2011; 1(1):15–23.
- Joshila G, Maheswari V, Nagamalai D. Web log data analy¬sis and mining. Proceeding of CCSIT-2011Springer CCIS. 2011 Jan; 133:459–69.
- Kumar P, Iswarya R, Vindhya R. Predictive analysis of user behavior in web browsing and pattern discovery networks. International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology. 2014; 4(1):239–45.
- Aggarwal N, Gaur D. Classification of crime data using rapid miner. International Journal of Applies Engineering Research. 2015; 10(5):27517–21.
- Mahajan S, Malhotra J, Sharma S. Delay tolerant and energy efficient QoS-based approach for wireless sensor network. International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications. 2014; 6(2):121–35.
- Mahajan S, Malhotra J, Sharma S. An energy balanced QoS based cluster head selection strategy for Wireless Sensor Network. Egyptian Informatics Journal. 2014; 15(3): 189–99.
- Livinsa Z, Shri MSJ. Monitoring moving target and energy saving localization algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–5.
- Lakshmanan G, Posonia M. A novel analysis on applica¬tion of neural support on nuclear reactor control process monitoring. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1–5.
- Handa M, Gupta N. A study of the relationship between shopping orientation and online shopping behavior among Indian youth. Journal of Internet Commerce. 2014; 13(1):22–44.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.