Total views : 70
Lean Supply Chain Performance Metrics for the better Manufacturing Process
Manufacturing sectors are facing more problems due to globalization; especially in cases of SMEs (Small and Medium scale Enterprises) are struggling against consistency and competitiveness in market. They want more challenges in the field of production and marketing areas for the product accuracy and quality. Maintaining the machine tools with minimum waste in manufacturing process and identifying supply chain problems in supply line activities are the most essential factor for the employers. In this regard, the evidences of many authors’ views, the lean supply chain techniques and their tools have helped more in manufacturing and service enterprises in the areas of operations and work processes. But taking the help of efficient lean supply chain performance measures and advanced inspection technologies for the betterment of productivity are also an important criterion. Assortment is a leading indicator for a manufacturing system. Which is the process of measuring product efficiency, effectiveness and capability against the standard norms fixed by the organization in time based aspect. In this work we discussed the lean supply chain performance importance, application and their effectiveness which are useful for the current manufacturing trends.
Lean Supply Chain Performance Metrics, Performance Indicators, Productivity Measurement
- Gershwin SB. ‘Design and Operation of Manufacturing Systems: The Control-Point Policy. IIE Transactions.2000;32(10):891–906. Crossref
- Taz S, Ghorahyzadeh Y.Strategic Issues for Planning Manufacturing Plants/Facilities. proceedings of the European applied business research conference, Venis , Itali. June 10-15.
- Shah R, Chandrasekaran A, Linderman K.In Pursuit of Implementation Patterns: The Context of Lean and Six Sigma. International Journal of Production Research.2008;46(23): pp. 6679–99. Crossref
- Soo S, Aspinwall D.Developments in Modelling of Metal Cutting Processes. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part L: Journal of Materials Design and Applications. 2007;221(4):197–211.
- Agarwal R. Shankar MK, Tiwari.Modeling Agility of Supply Chain. Industrial Marketing Management. 36(4):443–57.Crossref
- Gunasekaran A, Patel C, Tirtiroglu E. Performance Measures and Metrics in a Supply Chain Environment.International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2001;21(1-2):71–87. Crossref
- Srinivasan M, Mukherjee D, Gaur AS. ‘Buyer–Supplier Partnership Quality and Supply Chain Performance: Moderating Role of Risks, and Environmental Uncertainty. European Management Journal. 2011; 29(4): 260–71. Crossref
- Bhasin S. ‘Performance of Lean in Large Organisations.Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 2012;31(3): 349–357.
- Fullerton R R, Wempe WF.Lean Manufacturing, Non-financial Performance Measures, and Financial Performance. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2009;29 (3): 214–40. Crossref
- Tangen S.An Overview of Frequently Used Performance Measures. Work Study. 2003;5(7): 347–54. Crossref
- Desrochers AA. Modeling and Control of Automated Manufacturing Systems. Washington, DC: IEEE Computer Society Press;1990.
- Robb DJ, Xie B, Arthanari T.,Supply Chain and Operations Practice and Performance in Chinese Furniture Manufacturing. International Journal of Production Economics.2008; 112(2):683–99.
- Folan P, Browne J. ‘A Review of Performance Measurement: Towards Performance Management Computers in Industry.2005; 56 (7): 663–80. Crossref
- Gunasekaran A, Kobu B.Performance Measures and Metrics in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. A Review of Recent Literature (1995-2004) for Research and Applications. International Journal of Production Research. 2007; 45 (12):2819–40. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.