Total views : 121
Analytical Review of the Development of Laser Location Systems
Background/Objectives: The article deals with various laser location systems and schemes of building 3D images used for a distant 3D shooting of objects, automated control movement systems, air and space cartography, object search, finding and tracking of targets for ground, surface and air carriers. Methods: Comparative analysis was employed in the research of laser location systems. Findings: The authors have presented a review of different schemes of forming 3D images, covering examples of implementations of Laser Location Systems (LLS) with different functions. Characteristics of different LLS were compared and ways of further evolution of LLS in terms of reducing dimensions and increasing performance of the system were proposed. Applications/Improvements: This review was conducted to study the possibility of increasing LLS performance by means of hybrid building schemes.
3D Image, Lidar, Laser Location, Scanning Systems.
- Karasik VE, Orlov VM. Locating laser vision systems.MSTU publishing house, Moscow; 2001. p. 193.
- Steinvall O, Carlsson T, Grünwall C, Larsson H. Laserbased 3D imaging new capabilities for optical sensing.Swedish Research Agency, Technical Report FOI-R−0856− SE Stockholm; 2003. p. 1650–942.
- Bailey S, McKeag W, Wang J, Jack M, Amzajerdian F.Advances in HgCdTe APDs and LADAR receivers. In the Proceedings of the SPIE Infrared Technology and Applications. 2010 May 3; 7660:1–13. Crossref.
- McManamon PF. Review of ladar a historic yet emerging sensor technology with rich phenomenology. Optical Engineering. 2012 Jun 5; 51(6):609–16. Crossref.
- Michel K, Ullrich A. Scanning time-of-flight laser sensor for rendezvous manoeuvres. Proceedings of the 8th ESA Workshop on Advanced Space Technologies, Netherlands; 2004. p. 1–6.
- Juberts M, Barbera A. Status report on next generation LADAR for driving unmanned ground vehicles. In the Proceedings of the SPIE Mobile Robots, USA. 2004 Dec 29; 5609:1–12. Crossref.
- Liebe CC, Abramovici A, Bartman RK et al. Laser radar for spacecraft guidance applications. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Aerospace Conference. 2003 Mar 8–15; 6:2647–62.
- Marino RM, Davis WR. Jigsaw: a foliage-penetrating 3D imaging laser radar system. Lincoln Laboratory Journal.2005; 15(1):23–35.
- Kameyama S, Imaki M. 3D imaging LADAR with linear array devices laser detector and ROIC. In the Proceedings of the SPIE International Symposium on Photoelectronic Detection and Imaging, United Kingdom. 2009 Aug 28; 7382:73–82. Crossref.
- Richmond RD, Evans BJ. Polarimetric Imaging Laser Radar (PILAR) program. In the Proceedings of the Advanced Sensory Payloads for UAV, France; 2005. p. 1–14.
- Medvedev UM, Danilin IM, Melnikov SR. Laser location of ground and forest. Geolidar Goskosmos; 2007.
- Kosincev VI, Belov ML, Orlov VM. Basics of pulse laser location. Moscow State Technical University Press; 2010.
- Starovoytov EI. Historical aspects of development and principles of building of on-board laser radar systems for the rendezvous and docking of spacecraft. Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU Publication; 2013.
- Starovoytov EI. Optical and optical-electronic devices and systems of space vehicles Tutorial. 2014 .
- Starovoytov EI. Energetic evaluation of laser illumination of on-board optical-electronic systems of space vehicles.News of Russian Academy of Science. 2013; 1:44–56.
- Starovoytov EI, Vorobjev SA. Monitoring performance of laser emitters in space flight with television devices. 2011; 6:50–5 .
- Starovoytov EI, Zubov NE. Analysis of possibilities for onboard optoelectronic systems for measuring convergence parameters of space objects in the task of determining the orientation of aircrafts at the start within small angles.Bulletin of the Moscow Aviation Institute. 2014; 2:114–28.
- Starovoytov EI, Savchuk DV, Zubov NE. Analysis of possibilities, optimization of weight and energy consumptionof the laser altimeter to control descent from lunar orbit.Space Technique and Technologies. 2014; 4(1):67–74.
- Starovoytov EI, Savchuk DV, Zubov NE. Optimization of weight and energy consumption of laser location systems to control spacecraft rendezvous and docking. Space Technique and Technologies. 2014; 6(3):39–42.
- Starovoytov EI, Savchuk DV, Zubov NE. Ways to increase the range of onboard laser location systems of scpace vehicles using corner reflectors. 2013; 9:23–30 .
- Kolk KH, Moebius BG. Rendez-Vous sensor for automatic guidance of transfer vehicles to the international space station.In the Proceedings of SPIE 4134 Photonics for Space Environments. 2000 Oct 26; 4134 :
- Liadsky J. Recent advancements in commercial LIDAR mapping and imaging systems. In the Proceedings of the NPS Lidar Workshop; 2007.
- Ruel S, Luu T, Berube A. On-orbit testing of target-less TriDAR 3D rendezvous and docking sensor. 2010. p. 1–7.
- Gryaznov NA, Pantaleev SM, Ivanov AE, Kulikov DS.High-performance method of measuring objects coordinates in outer space. Research technical journal of the Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. 2013; 171(2):197–202.
- Christian JA, Hinkel H, D’Souza CN. The sensor test for orion RelNav risk mitigation (STORRM) development test objective. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 2014. p. 1–20.
- Gryaznov NA, Kuprenuk VI, Sosnov EN. Laser information system providing spacecraft rendezvous and docking.Opticals Journal. 2015; 82(5):27–32.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.