Total views : 282
Molecular Docking Assisted Isolation of Azadirachtin-A, from Seeds of Azadirachta indica Extract against Cervical Cancer
Objectives: To isolate Azadirachtin-A, from Seeds of Azadirachta indica and to perform molecular docking studies for antiproliferative activity against cervical cancer. Methods: The Current studies on Azadirachtin-A, a potent cervical anticancer agent, was designed for the isolation of Azadirachtin-A, from neem fruits collected from local area (Ibrahimpatnam), the seeds were first separated, dried and made in to coarse powder. The seed kernels was defatted and extracted with methanol using soxhlet apparatus. Methanolic extract of seeds were subjected to direct reverse phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) for separation of Azadirachtin-A, by molecular docking of Azadirachtin-A, using Molecular Operating Environment (MOE) 2008 software Findings: This revealed that Azadirachtin-A, has an affinity of 59.2% and 72% towards amino acids like Glycine 131 and Lysine 89 with polar intractions. Azadirachtin-A, found to interact with Cyclin E, was retrieved from the Protein Data Bank (PDB code: 1W98). The Azadirachtin-A, showed excellent, Increase Life Span (63.44 and 82.56), reduced the viable cells (30.4 ± 1.5 and 24.5 ± 1.6), and tumor volume (1.2 ± 0.05 and 1.0 ± 0.05) when compared to standard drug 5-Fluorouracil. Application: Azadirachtin-A, showed significant docking interaction with Cyclin E, active site using windows 2002, MOE 2008 software. Result showed that Azadirachtin-A, may lead to potent cervical anticancer agent.
Azadirachtin-A, Azadirachta indica, Cervical Cancer, 5-Fluorouracil, (HeLa) Henrietta Lacks Cell Line, Molecular Docking.
- Salehzadesh A, Akhkha A, Cushley W, Adams RLP, Kusel JR and Strang RCH. The antimitotic effect of the neem terpenoid azadirachtin on cultured insect cells Insect. Biochemistry Molecular Biology. 2003; 33(7):681–89. Crossref
- Subapriya R and Nagini S. Ethanolic neem leaf extract protects against N-methyl-N’-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine-induced gastric carcinogenesis in Wistar rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2005; 4:215–23.
- Subapriya R, Kumaraguruparan R and Nagini S. Expression of PCNA, cytokeratin, Bcl-2 and p53 during chemoprevention of hamster buccal pouch carcinogenesis by ethanolic neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf extract. Clinical Biochemistry. 2006; 39:1080–87. Crossref
- Kumar HG, Mohan CKVP, Rao JA and Nagini S. Nimbolide a limonoid from Azadirachta indica inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis of human choriocarcinoma (BeWo) cells. Invention New Drugs. 2009; 27:236–52. Crossref
- Nagini S, Bhuvaneswari V and Subapriya R. Ethanolic neem leaf extract induces apoptosis in the hamster buccal pouch carcinogenesis model by modulation of BCL-2, BIM, caspase 8 and caspase 3. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2005; 6:515–20. PMid:16436003
- Veeraraghavan J, Aravindan S, Natarajan M, Awasthi V, Herman TS and Aravindan N. Neem leaf extract induces radio sensitization in human neuroblastoma xenograft through modulation of apoptotic pathway. Anticancer Research. 2011; 31(1):161–70. PMid:21273594
- Garofalo A, Goossens L, Six P, Lemoine A, Ravez S and Farce A. Impact of aryloxy-linked quinazolines: A novel series of selective VEGFR-2 receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2011; 21:2106–12. Crossref
- Deota PT, Upadhyay PR, Patel KB, Mehta KJ, Kamath BV and Mehta MH. Estimation and isolation of Azadirichitin A from neem (Azadirachta indica) seed kernels using HPLC. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technology. 2007; 23(14):2225–35. Crossref
- Dhamija I, Kumar N, Manjula SN, Parihar V, Setty MM and Pai KS. Preliminary evaluation of in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo antitumor activity of premna herbacea roxb in ehrlich ascites carcinoma model and Daltons lymphoma ascites model. Experimental and Toxicological Pathology. 2013; 65:235–42. Crossref
- Parameshwar R, Vamaraju HB, Paturi M, Narendra SC and Kolli S. Design synthesis in silico toxicity prediction molec ular docking and evaluation of novel pyrazole derivatives as potential antiproliferative agents. Excli Journal. 2016; 15:187–202.
- Fatheya MM and Hatem AELM. Antitumor effect of Azadirachta indica (neem) on murine solid ehrlich carcinoma. Academic Journal of Cancer, Research. 2014; 7(1):38–45.
- Roy MK, Kobori M and Takenaka M. Inhibition of colon cancer (HT-29) cell proliferation by a triterpenoid isolated from Azadirachta indica is accompanied by cell cycle arrest and upregulation of p21. Planta Medica. 2006; 72:917–23. Crossref
- Priyadarsini VR, Manikandan P, Kumar HG and Nagini S. The neem limonoids azadirachtin and nimbolide inhibit hamster cheek pouch carcinogenesis by modulating xenobioticmetabolizing enzymes, DNA damage, antioxidants, invasion, and angiogenesis. Free Radical Research. 2009; 43:492–504. Crossref
- Tepsuwan A, Kupradinun P and Kusamaran WR. Chemopreventive potential of neem flowers on carcinogenesis induced rat mammary and liver carcinogenesis. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer. 2002; 3:231–38.
- Paul R, Prasad M and Sah NK. Anticancer biology of Azadirachta indica (neem). Cancer Biology. Therapy. 2011; 12(6):467–76. Crossref
- Singh T, Saini HS, Ranganayakulu SV, Ravi S and Sudhakar K. Development of nimbolide from seeds of azadirachta indica extract assisted by molecular docking to Cyclin E, against cervical cancer. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2017; 12(1):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.