Total views : 244
Enhancing Oral Communication through Task Based Language Teaching among Polytechnic Students- An Experimental Study
Objectives: An experimental study has been conducted to find out the effectiveness of Task Based Approach in teaching oral communication skills to polytechnic college students. Based on the prescribed text book task based platform was constructed to teach for the first year students. Methods: An oral performance test attended by an assessment heading was administered. Fifty students were taken for the study and they were divided into two groups. Twenty five students representing the experimental group planned two units exploiting the task based program while twenty five students signifying the control group studied the same units following the Teacher’s instruction. Findings: Data were analyzed and Results exposed that there were statistically substantial differences found between the control and the experimental group. These results supports to utilizes task based learning in teaching English as a second language Improvements: This study is focused only in the field of polytechnic institutions further study should concentrate on the other fields.
Oral English Performance, Teaching English, Task Based Language Teaching
- Lin Z. Task based approach in foreign language teaching in China [Master thesis]. USA, University of Wisconsin; 2009 Apr. p. 1–7.
- Nazenin R. The influence of task based learning on EFL classrooms. Asian EFL Journal. 2007 Feb. p.1–23.
- Xiao LX. A new paradigm of teaching English in China: an edectic model. The Asian EFL Journal. 2009; 11(1):271.
- Hahim F. Language immersion for low proficiency ESL learner: the ALEMAC project. The Reading Matrix. 2006 Sep; 6(1):170–85.
- Lochana M, Deb G. Task based teaching: learning English without tears retrieved. The Asian EFL Journal. 2006 Sep; 8(3):140–64.
- Muller T. Researching the influence of target language on learner task performance. The Asian EFL Journal. 2006 Sep; 8(3):165–73.
- Nunan, David. Task based teaching in the Asia context: defining task. Asian EFL Journal. 2006 Sep; 8(3):12–8.
- Ellis. Task-based language learning and teaching. 1st edition, Oxford University Press, New York; 2003.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.