Total views : 247
Ontology based Retrieval of Components
Objectives: Component based development commences the field of reusing the component rather than redeveloping it.To reuse the component, firstly the retrieval of component through repository has been done. Methods/Statistical analysis: There are many ways to retrieve the component but every scheme has its own pros and cons. To retrieve the best component, the relationships between components must be there. This paper presents the overview of whole process of component retrieval using ontology. Findings: Ontology helps in effective retrieval by providing relationships between concepts (classes), interfaces etc. Application/Improvements: Additionally this paper reviews what the component is, innovation in ontology, what are the reusable assets in component and how the component are formally described using languages are presented.The goal of ontology based retrieval of component is that best component retrieves from the interconnected repositories..
Algorithm, Ontology Languages, Retrieval.
- Gupta S, Kumar A. Reusable software component retrieval system. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management. 2013; 2(1):187–94.
- Roger PS. Software engineering: A practitioners approach. Palgrave Macmillan; 2005. p. 54.
- Pandove D. Designing an interface for effective retrieval of components [PhD diss]. Patiala: Thapar University; 2010.
- Huang JP, Yong PC, Huang K. Presented on topic an ontologydriven paradigm for component representation and retrieval. 9th International IEEE Conference on Computer and Information Technology; 2009. p. 187–92.
- Khan L, Hovy E, McLeod D. Retrieval effectiveness of an ontology-based model for information selection. Very Large Data Bases (VLDB) Conferences; 2004. p. 71–85.
- Usha GSY, Duhan ND, Jain V, Murthy BK. Presented paper on topic, development and visualization of domain specific ontology using protégé. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(16):1–7.
- Slimani T. Ontology development: A comparing study on tools, languages and formalisms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):1–12.
- Catherine R, Kang MA, Corcho O. An introduction to ontologies and ontology engineering. London: Springer; 2011. p. 9–38.
- Sandhu K, Gaba T. A novel technique for components retrieval from repositories Compusoft. An International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology. 2014; 3(6):1– 9.
- Singh. An experiment in software component retrieval based on metadata and ontology repository. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013; 61(14):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.