Total views : 266
Wireless Sensor Networks- Recent Trends and Research Issues
Due to the increased attention in the potential use of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) in the applications such as disaster management, border protection, security surveillance etc, sensors are supposed to be placed in large numbers and to operate independently in inaccessible environment where some phenomenon is to be monitored. Wireless Sensor Networks consist of one or more small nodes with wireless sensing, and data networking capabilities. Sensor networks consisting of wireless sensor nodes with limited battery power are deployed in the field to collect useful information. Collecting sensed information in an energy efficient manner is critical to operate the sensor network for a long period of time. So, many routing, power management and data dissemination protocols have been specially designed for WSNs which have energy awareness issues. In this paper, the WSNs model and its components are studied. Then, the different protocols such as LEACH, PEGASIS and TEEN are surveyed.
Clustering, Routing Protocols, Wireless Sensor Network, WSN Model, WSN Components, Zigbee.
- Akyildiz IF, Su W, Sankarasubramaniam Y, Cayirci E. A survey on sensor networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2002 Aug; 40(8):102–14.
- Sohraby K, Minoli D, Znati T. Wireless sensor networks. John Wiley and Sons Inc Publication; 2007. p. 1–25.
- Hill JL. System architecture for wireless sensor networks [A dissertation]. Berkeley: University of California; 2003.
- Sohrabi K, Gao J, Ailawadhi V, Pottie GJ. Protocols for selforganization of a wireless sensor network. IEEE Personal Communications. 2000; 7(5):16–27.
- Min R, et al. Low power wireless sensor network.Proceedings of International Conference on VLSI Design; Bangalore, India. 2001 Jan.
- Abbasi, Younis M. A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks. Computer Communications. 2007; 30:2826–41.
- Heinzelman WR, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H. Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. IEEE Proceedings of the International Conference on System Sciences; Hawaii. 2000 Jan. p. 1–10.
- Liu J, Beng. Distributed low-power image processing in wireless sensor network for intelligent video surveillance applications [PhD thesis]. Queensland University of Technology. Jun 2012.
- Edmund YL, Lui K-S, Tam VWL. Image and video processing in wireless sensor networks. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing. Springer Science; 2009 Mar.
- Bandyopadhyay S, Coyle EJ. An energy efficient hierarchical clustering algorithm for wireless sensor networks. IEEE Conference INFOCOM; 2003. p. 189–200.
- Jamal NA, Kamal AE. Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: A survey. IEEE Journal on Wireless Communication. 2004; 11(6):6–28.
- Lindsey S, Raghavendra CS. PEGASIS: Power– Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems. IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings; 2002. DOI: 10.1109/ AERO.2002.1035242.
- Manjeshwar A, Agarwal DP. TEEN: A routing protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks. 1st Int’l Wksp on Parallel and Distrib Comp Issues in Wireless Networks and Mobile Comp; 2001 Apr.
- Manjeshwar A, Agarwal DP. APTEEN: A hybrid protocol for efficient routing and comprehensive information retrieval in wireless sensor networks. Proc Int’l Parallel and Distrib Proc Symp; 2002. p. 195–202.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.