Total views : 157
Review Paper on PAPR Reduction Techniques in OFDM System
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) is a multicarrier transmission scheme. This is used in the fourth generation wireless communication. The main advantage of OFDM, cross talk between the sub channels is eliminated and inter carrierbands are not required. Coin have two sides similarly OFDM have a some advantages and disadvantages, according to this quotation there have a major drawback arises in the OFDM is known as a PAPR (Peak to average power ratio). PAPR reduction techniques, based on computational complexity, bandwidth expansion, spectral spillage and performance. PAPR problem is reduced by the techniques which improves the signaling same as the OFDM. It improve the BER (Bit error rate) through these techniques.
Clipping and Filtering, CCDF (Complementary Cumulative Distribution Functions) Peak Windowing Multicarrier Modulation, HPA (High Power filter), PTS, SLM (Selective Mapping Technique).
- Dash AA. OFDM systems and paper reduction techniques in OFDM systems. PhD Thesis. 2010.
- Gupta K et al. PAPR reduction of OFDM using a new phase sequence in SLM technique, IEE. 2013; 2(2):125–9.
- Kosta C, Hunt B, Quddus AUI, Tafazolli R. A new peaktoaverage power-ratio reduction algorithm for OFDM systems via constellation extension. IEEE Trans.
- Wang Y. PAPR reduction of an OFDM signal by use of PTS with low computational complexity. IEEE Trans Broadcasting. 2006 Mar; 52(1):83–6.
- Baxley RJ, Tong Zhou G. Comparing selected mapping and partial transmit sequence for PAR reduction. IEEE Trans Broadcasting. 53(4):797–803.
- Jones DL. Peak power reduction in OFDM and DMTvia active channel modification. Proceedings of 1999 Asilomar Conference. 1999.
- Taojiang yonghua song, yang yang “Comparing selected mapping and partial transmit sequence for PAR reduction,” IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, vol. 53, no. 4, pp.797–803,
- Kaur G et al. Compare SLM (selective mapping) and PTS (partial transmit) technique for PAPR reduction of an MC-CDMA (multi-carrier complex division multiple access). IEEE. 2012 Jul-Aug; 2(4):779–84.
- Guangyue L et al. Partial Transmit Sequences Method for Reduction of PAPR in Real–Valued OFDM Systems. Signals and Systems Division, Dept of Engineering Sciences, Uppsala University Uppsala, Sweden.
- Abdullah MI et al. Comparative Study of PAPR Reduction Techniques in OFDM. ARPN journal of system and software.1.
- Han SH, Lee JH. An Overview of Peak-To-Average Power Ratio Reduction Transmission. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2005 Apr; 12(2):56–65.
- Gupta K et al. PAPR reduction of OFDM using a new phase sequence in SLM technique. IJAEEE. 2013; 2(2):125–09.
- Juwano FH. et al. PAPR reduction using Huffman coding combined with clipping and filtering for OFDM transmitter to mitigate PAPR(peak-to-average power ratio) in OFDM”(CITISIA 2009). 2009; 8.
- Müller SH, Huber JB. A Novel Peak Power Reduction Scheme for OFDM. Proc IEEE PIMRC ‘97, Helsinki, Finland. 1997 Sep; 1090–94.
- Zhang,JQ, Kokkeler ABJ, Smit GJM. An Oversampled Filter Bank multicarrier System for Cognitive Radio. IEEE international symposium on personal, mobile radio communications (PIMRC08). Cannez France, 2008 Sep 1–5; 15–8.
- Neill O, Lopes. Envelope variations and spectral splatter in clipped multicarrier signals. Proc IEEE PIMRCâ95. 1995; 71–5.
- Lim D, No J, Lim C, Chung H. A new SLM OFDM scheme with low complex PAPR reduction. IEE Process Let.12(2):93–6.
- Van Nee R, De Wild A. Reducing the peak -to- average power ratio of OFDM. Proc IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference. 1998 May; 3:2072–6.
- Annstrong. Peak-to-average power reduction for OFDM by repeated clipping and frequency domain filtering. Electron Lett. 2002 Feb; 38(5):246–7.
- Sakran HY, Shokair M, Elazm AA. An efficient technique for reducing PAPR of OFDM system in the presence of nonlinear high power amplifier. Progress in Electromagnetics Research, PIER C. 2008; 2:233–41.
- Pauli M, Kuchenbecker P. On the reduction of the out-ofband radiation of OFDM-signals. Proc IEEE International Conference on Communications. 1998 Jun; 3:1304–8.
- Kim D-K, Shi D-J, Park Y-S, Song B-G. New peak-windowing for PAPR reduction of OFDM systems. APWCS. 2005 Aug; 169–73.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.