Total views : 677
Biometric Security Technique: A Review
The objective of this paper is to present different techniques of the fingerprint recognition. Two significant techniques Minutia based technique and the correlation based technique are reviewed. Both have their own significance. Minutia is working on specific part of the finger image called ridge and bifurcation. Correlation works on the gray level image data that extract from the finger image. Minutia based technique used different algorithm to extract the features and to check the accuracy and reduce the error rate. Ransac (random sample census) algorithm is tries to work on some random transformation and find the good one. Algorithm for local correlation based on the Markov random field modal which is used to smooth the orientation field. The main finding is to get the better authentication system with a better strength.
Biometric, Fingerprint, Image, Minutia, Ridge.
- Bazen M, Verwaaijen GTB, Gerez SH, Veelenturf LPJ, Van Der Zwaag BJ, A Correlation-Based Fingerprint Verification System.11th Annual Workshop on Circuits Systems and Signal Processing, Netharlands. 2000 November. p. 1–8.
- Binu D,Malathi P. Multi Model based Biometric Image Retrieval for Enhancing Security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(35):1–10.
- Gaur S, Shah VA, Thakker M. Biometric Recognition Techniques : A Review. Journal of the International Association of Advanced Technology and Science. 2012 Nov; 15.
- He Y, Tian J, Luo X, Zhang T. Image enhancement and minutiae matching in fingerprint verification. Pattern Recognition Letters.2003; 24(9,10):1349–60.
- JainAK, Ross A, Prabhakar S. An Introduction to Biometric Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2004; 14(1):4–20.
- Lakkoju PK, Shankar TN. Detection of Fingerprints in Advanced Biometric System Design. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 9(May).
- Nandakumar K. Local Correlation-based Fingerprint Matching. 2004 December.
- Noor, A New Algorithm for Minutiae Extraction and Matching in Fingerprint School of Engineering and Design. 2012; July..
- Orság F,Drahanský M. Biometric Security Systems : Fingerprint and Speech Technology Design of Biometric Security System [PhD thesis].
- Parra P. Fingerprint minutiae extraction and matching for identification procedure.
- Pawar S.A Survey of Minutiae Extraction from Various Fingerprint Images. 2016; 6(6):169–73.
- Thai LH, Tam HN. Fingerprint recognition using standardized fingerprint model. 2010; 7(3)..
- Finger comparison guide.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.