Total views : 7
Weighted Correction and Discrete Wavelet based Fusion for Aerial Images
Background/Objectives: The work introduces new image mixture method combining Aerial Images using improved discrete cosine harmonic wavelet transforms (DCHWT). Methods/Statistical Analysis: An innovative method is planned that provides better results. Firstly, the input histogram image is converted into many segments and then the proposed method is applied to every segment taken for fusion. The performance of the proposed method is evaluated on the basis of PSNR, SSIM and Execution Time. Findings: The method was found to be quite efficient, fast and accurate. Applications/ Improvements: Significant improvement in PSNR and SSIM values is observed resulting in improved quality of the Aerial images.
DCHWT, PSNR, RSWHE, SSIM, Wavelet.
- Bow ST. Pattern recognition and image preprocessing. CRC Press; 2002.
- Wolberg G, Zokai S. Robust image registration using logpolar transform. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2000; (1):493–6.
- Qu X-B, Xie G-F, Yan J-W, Zhu Z-Q, Chen B-G. Image fusion algorithm based on neighbors and cousins information in nonsubsampled contourlet transform domain. Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition; 2007.
- Soman K, Ramanathan R. Digital signal and image processing - The sparse way. Elsevier: India; 2012.
- Kumar M, Dass S. A total variation-based algorithm for pixel-level image fusion. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2009; 18(9):2137–43.
- Krishnamoorthy S, Soman KP. Implementation and comparative study of image fusion algorithms. International Journal of Computer Applications; 2010.
- Sahu DK, Parsai MP. Different image fusion techniques– a critical review. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research. 2012; 2(5):4298–301.
- Yang B, Li S. Pixel-level image fusion with simultaneous orthogonal matching pursuit. Information Fusion. 2012; 13(1):10–19.
- Top flight aerial photography [Internet]. Available from: http://www. topflightphoto.com/gallery/.
- Huynh-Thu Q, Ghanbari M. Scope of validity of PSNR in image/video quality assessment. Electronics Letters. 2008 Jun; 44(13):800–1.
- Janani P, Premaladha J, Ravichandran KS. Image enhancement techniques: a study. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–12
- Deepa K, Dixon M, Ajay A, Sowmya V, Soman KP. Aerial and satellite image denoising using least square weighted regularization method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.