Total views : 245
A Review of UML Model Retrieval Approaches
The objective of this review is to obtain an overview of the current state of the art of the existing approaches in matching and retrieval of UML diagrams. The paper presents a synthesis of key characteristics of the current available approaches of UML-based reuse, compare their matching and retrieval techniques identified their commonalties and differences. A number of related research papers where examined and categorized based on the type of approach they adopt. The review resulted in the identification of four main categories of UML models matching and retrieval: 1. Information retrieval, 2. Casebased reasoning, 3. Ontology-based, and 4. Structured based approach. A comprehensive overview of these approaches is presented. The findings of this review suggest the further research and practice in UML models reuse.
Artefacts, Models Matchings, Model Retrieval, Software Reuse, UML Models.
- Krueger CW. Software reuse. ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR). 1992; 24(2):131-83.
- Sommerville I. Software Engineering. 9 ed. Vol. 9. Addison-Wesley United State: Pearson Education, Inc Publishing; 2011. 790.
- Keswani R, Joshi S, Jatain A. Software reuse in practice. IEEE 4th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (ACCT); 2014.
- Salami HO, Ahmed MA. UML Artifacts Reuse: State of the Art. 2014.
- Prieto-Diaz R. Status report: Software reusability. IEEE Software. 1993; 10(3):61-6.
- Gomes P, et al. Case retrieval of software designs using wordnet. ECAI; 2002.
- Park W-J, Bae D-H. A two-stage framework for UML specification matching. Information and Software Technology. 2011; 53(3):230-44.
- Alspaugh TA, et al. An integrated scenario management strategy. IEEE Proceedings of International Symposium on Requirements Engineering; 1999.
- Salami HO, Ahmed M. A framework for reuse of multi-view UML artifacts. 2014.
- Manning CD, Raghavan P, Schutze H. Introduction to information retrieval. Vol. 1. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2008.
- Wolter K, Krebs T, Hotz L. Determining similarity of model-based and descriptive requirements by combining different similarity measures. 2nd International Workshop on Model Reuse Strategies (MoRSe); Beijing, China. 2008.
- Blok MC, Cybulski JL. Reusing UML specifications in a constrained application domain. Proceedings of IEEE Software Engineering Conference; Asia Pacific. 1998.
- Ali FM, Du W. Toward reuse of object-oriented software design models. Information and Software Technology. 2004; 46(8):499-517.
- Llorens J, Fuentes JM, Morato J. Uml retrieval and reuse using xmi. Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering; 2004.
- Aamodt A, Plaza E. Case-based reasoning: Foundational issues, methodological variations and system approaches. AI Communications. 1994; 7(1):39-59.
- Bergmann R, Kolodner J, Plaza E. Representation in case-based reasoning. The Knowledge Engineering Review. 2005; 20(03):209-13.
- Channarukul S, Charoenvikrom S, Daengdej J. Case-based reasoning for software design reuse. IEEE Aerospace Conference; 2005.
- Smialek M, et al. Complementary use case scenario representations based on domain vocabularies. Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems. 2007; 544-58.
- Bildhauer D, Horn T, Ebert J. Similarity-driven software reuse. ICSE Workshop on Comparison and Versioning of Software Models (CVSM '09); 2009.
- Straszak T, Wolter K. Comprehensive system for systematic case-driven software reuse. Theory and Practice of Computer Science (SOFSEM); 2010. p. 697.
- Srisura B, et al. Retrieving use case diagram with case-based reasoning approach. J Theor Appl Inf Technol. 2010; 19(2):68-78.
- Wolter K, Krebs T, Hotz L. A combined similarity measure for determining similarity of model-based and descriptive requirements. Proceeding of the Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Software Engineering Workshop (AISEW) at the ECAI; 2008.
- Robles K, et al. Towards an ontology-based retrieval of UML Class Diagrams. Information and Software Technology. 2012; 54(1):72-86.
- Bonilla-Morales B, Crespo S, Clunie C. Reuse of use cases diagrams: An approach based on ontologies and semantic web technologies. Int J Comput Sci. 2012; 9(1):24-9.
- Paydar S, Kahani M. A semi-automated approach to adapt activity diagrams for new use cases. Information and Software Technology. 2015; 57:543-70.
- Gonzalez-Calero PA, Diaz-Agudo B, Gomez-Albarran M. Applying DLs for retrieval in case-based reasoning. Proceedings of Description Logics Workshop (Dl’99); Linkopings Universitet. 1999.
- Robinson WN, Woo HG. Finding reusable UML sequence diagrams automatically. Software. 2004; 21(5):60-7.
- Jonyer I, Cook DJ, Holder LB. Graph-based hierarchical conceptual clustering. The Journal of Machine Learning Research. 2002; 2:19-43.
- Salami HO, Ahmed M. Class diagram retrieval using genetic algorithm. IEEE 12th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA); 2013.
- Wesley Klewerton Guez Assunc SRV. Class diagram retrieval with particle swarm optimization. 25th International Conference on Software Engineering and knowledge Engineering (SEKE); 2013. p. 632-7.
- Assuncao G, Klewerton W, Vergilio SR. A multi-objective solution for retrieving class diagrams. IEEE Brazilian Conference on Intelligent Systems (BRACIS); 2013.
- Levenshtein VI. Binary codes capable of correcting deletions, insertions and reversals. Soviet Physics Doklady. 1966.
- Assuncao WKG, Vergilio SR. Class Diagram retrieval with particle swarm optimization. The 25th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE); 2013.
- Salami HO, Ahmed M. Retrieving sequence diagrams using genetic algorithm. IEEE 11th International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE); 2014.
- Ahmed M, Salami HO. Behavior-based Retrieval of Software. 2015.
- Salami HO, Ahmed MA. A framework for class diagram retrieval using genetic algorithm. SEKE. 2012.
- Morillo JL, Fuentes JM, Diaz I. RSHP: A scheme to classify information in a domain analysis environment. ICEIS (2); 2001.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.