Total views : 554
A Conceptual Framework for Realizing Energy Efficient Resource Allocation in Cloud Data Centre
Objectives: To present the state of the art on energy efficient frameworks in cloud computing environments Methods/ Statistical Analysis: To propose a conceptual framework for energy efficient IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) of single and multi-cloud data centre. Findings: The approach is based on virtualization and consolidation technique that enables on-demand and dynamic resource allocation while minimizing energy consumption and carbon emission of the data centre with different energy sources. Applications/Improvements: The proposed framework unlike the previous approaches support intra and inter-data centre resource provisioning and also deals with dynamic resource allocation of single and multi-cloud data centre.
Carbon Emission, Data Center, Energy Efficiency, Network Resource, Resource Allocation, Virtual Machine.
- Buyya R, Yeo CS,Venugopal S. Market-Oriented Cloud Computing: Vision, Hype, and Reality for Delivering It Services as Computing Utilities. Paper presented at CCGRID 2009. Proceeding of the 9th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and Grid, Shanghai, China. IEEE;IEEE; 2009 May 18-21; p. 5–13.
- Foster I, Zhao Y, Raicu I, Lu S. Cloud computing and grid computing 360-degree compared. . Proceeding of the 2008 Grid Environments Workshop, Austin, TX USA. IEEE; 2008, Nov 12-16, p. 1–10.
- Beloglazov A, Abawajy J, Buyya R. Energy-aware resource allocation heuristics for efficient management of data centers for cloud computing. Future generation computer systems. 2012 May 31; 28(5): 755–68.
- Aslekar A, Damle P. Improving efficiency of data centres in India: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb 1; 4(8):44–9.
- Beloglazov A, Buyya R. Energy efficient resource management in virtualized cloud data centers. 10th IEEE/ACM international conference on cluster, cloud and grid computing. Melbourne, Australia. IEEE; 2010, pp.826-831.
- Dupont C, Schulze T, Giuliani G, Somov A, Hermenier F.An energy aware framework for virtual machine placement in cloud federated data centres. 3rd International Conference on Future Energy Systems: Where Energy, Computing and Communication Meet (e-Energy),Madrid. Madrid. 2012, p. 1–10.
- Alhiyari S, El-Mousa A. A Network and Power Aware framework for data centers using virtual machines re-allocation.Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT), Jordan, Amman.IEEE:2015, p. 1–6.
- Theja PR, Babu SK. An evolutionary computing based energy efficient VM consolidation scheme for optimal resource utilization and QoS assurance. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct 21; 8(26):1–11.
- Beegom AA, Rajasree MS. Genetic Algorithm Framework for Bi-objective Task Scheduling in Cloud Computing Systems.11th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology, ICDCIT, Bhubaneswar, India. February 2015, p. 5–8.
- Zhang Z, Hsu CC, Chang M. Cool Cloud: A Practical Dynamic Virtual Machine Placement Framework for Energy Aware Data Centers. 8th International Conference on Cloud Computing.Jun, 2015, p.758–65.
- Zhou Z, Hu Z, Li K. Virtual Machine Placement Algorithm for Both Energy-Awareness and SLA Violation Reduction in Cloud Data Centers. Scientific Programming. 2016 Mar 31; 2016:1–11.
- Kumar BS, Parthiban L. An Energy Efficient Data Centre Selection Framework for Virtualized Cloud Computing Environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec 12; 8(35):1–6.
- Dabbagh M, Hamdaoui B, Guizani M, Rayes A. Energy-efficient resource allocation and provisioning framework for cloud data centers. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 2015 Sep; 12(3):377–91.
- Alhaddadin F, Liu W, Gutiérrez JA. A User Profile-Aware Policy-Based Management Framework for Greening the Cloud. 4th International Conference on Big Data and Cloud Computing (BdCloud). Dec 2014, p. 682–7.
- Khajehei K. Green Cloud and Virtual Machines Migration Challenges. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb 9; 9(5):1–8.
- Yeluri R, Castro-Leon E. Building the Infrastructure for Cloud Security: A Solutions View. Apress; 2014 Mar 27.
- Prasanth A, Bajpei M, Shrivastava V, Mishra RG. Cloud computing: A survey of associated services. Book chapter of cloud computing: Reviews, surveys, tools, techniques and applications-an open-access eBook published by HCTL open. 2015, 1–15.
- Lin A, Chen NC. Cloud computing as an innovation: Perception, attitude, and adoption. International Journal of Information Management. 2012 Dec 31; 32(6):533–40.
- Marshall P, Keahey K, Freeman T. Improving utilization of infrastructure clouds. Proceeding of the 11th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing. Melbourne, Australia. IEEE; 2011 May 23-26. p.205–14.
- Madni SH, Latiff MS, Coulibaly Y. Resource scheduling for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in cloud computing: Challenges and opportunities. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2016 Jun 30; 68(2016):173–200.
- Younge AJ, Von Laszewski G, Wang L, Lopez-Alarcon S, Carithers W. Efficient resource management for cloud computing environments. International Green Computing Conference. Chicago, IL. 2010,p. 357–64.
- Younge AJ, Von Laszewski G, Wang L, Lopez-Alarcon S, Carithers W. Efficient resource management for cloud computing environments. Proceeding of the 10th Green Computing Conference, Chicago, Illinois, USA.IEEE; 2010, p. 357–64.
- Zhang Q, Zhu Q, Boutaba R. Dynamic resource allocation for spot markets in cloud computing environments. Proceeding of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing, Melbourne, Australia. IEEE; 2011, p. 178–85.
- Lee YC, Zomaya AY. Energy efficient utilization of resources in cloud computing systems. The Journal of Supercomputing. 2012 May 1; 60(2):268–80.
- Tickoo O, Iyer R, Illikkal R, Newell D. Modeling virtual machine performance: challenges and approaches. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review. 2010 Jan 21; 37(3):55–60.
- Gough C, Steiner I, Saunders W. “Why Data Center Efficiency Matters,” in Energy Efficient Servers: Blueprints for Data Center Optimization. Berkeley, CA: Apress, 2015: p.1–20.
- Barroso LA, Hölzle U. The case for energy-proportional computing. IEEE; 2007; 40(12):33–7.
- Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud. http:// aws.amazon.Com/ec2/. Date accessed: 04/ 2016.
- GoGrid. GoGrid Cloud. 2016 April. Available from: http:// www.gogrid.com.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.