Total views : 104
The Relationship between the Coaching Knowledge of the Taekwondo Instructors and Satisfaction and Loyalty of the Trainees
Objectives: To analyze the structural model of the coaching knowledge of the Taekwondo instructors and satisfaction and loyalty of the trainees. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The research selected the trainees of the Taekwondo studios located in Seoul and Gyeonggi area as the parent population of research subjects and took the samples of a total of 193 trainees using the convenience sampling method. The research was conducted using the questionnaire and the credibility of total variables was .648~.913. The data was analyzed using the CFA, correlation analysis and SEM analysis. Findings: First, it was identified that the coaching knowledge of the Taekwondo instructors had positive impacts on satisfaction of the trainees. The Taekwondo instructors are required to provide various programs and teaching methods to teach the trainees so that they can get interested and have fun. Second, it was identified that the coaching knowledge of the Taekwondo instructors had positive impacts on loyalty. This means that the higher coaching knowledge the instructors have the higher loyalty the trainees can have. Third, satisfaction of the Taekwondo trainees was identified not to have significant impacts on loyalty. This is the opposite to the advanced researches that higher satisfaction has positive impacts on loyalty. Improvements/ Applications: Instructors are required to make active efforts of participating and completing the education on various teaching methodologies in sports education, program development and implementation, understanding and evaluation of the learners to cultivate the coaching knowledge.
Coaching Knowledge, Loyalty of the Trainees, Satisfaction of the Trainees, Taekwondo, Taekwondo Instructors.
- Kim YK. Analysis of casual structure among sports coach's coaching knowledge, leadership and sports behavior. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2012; 51(1):143–52.
- Olson B. Traits of successful coaching. Gatorade Sports Science Institute. CoachesCorner; 1996.
- Chung JH, Huh JH. Structural validity of coaching knowledge questionnaire. Korean Journal of Sport Psychology. 2006; 17(4):57–69.
- Kim DE, Lee SH. The study of considered factors in trainees` parents choosing gymnasiums, the degree of satisfaction and loyalty. Sport Science Research. 2007; 13(2):35–50.
- Choi YH, Choi KY, Kim KJ. Development and validation of Taekwondo instructor`s coaching style. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2011; 50(6):285–97.
- Nam KW, Cho WS. The impact of judo student athletes' perception of coaches’coaching knowledge on trust of coach and sport commitment. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2014; 53(1):143–54.
- Chung JH. A qualitative study on coaching knowledge of successful basketball coaches in woman's high schools. Korean Journal of Sport Science. 2004; 15(1):94–108.
- Nam KW, Choi YJ. The relationship among coaching knowledge, role satisfaction and coaching confidence of judo coaches. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2015; 54(6):463–73.
- Beard JG, Ragheb MG. Measuring leisure satisfaction. Journal of Leisure Research.1980; 12(20):20–33.
- Lee MO. How the trainees? Motives of participation and satisfaction levels of raining influence their self-concepts. Unpublished master dissertation. Kyung Hee University; 2008.
- Gremler DD. The effect of satisfaction, switching costs, and interpersonal bonds on service loyalty. Doctorial dissertation of Arizona State University; 1995.
- Park CW. Service quality perception, customer satisfaction, and structure model of customer loyalty for golf range users. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Kyonggi University; 2004.
- Bae BR. Structural equation modeling with Amos 19 - principles and practice. Seoul: CheongRam Press; 2011.
- Steiger JH. Structural model evaluation and modification: An interval estimation approach. Multivariate Behavioral Research. 1990; 25(2):173–80.
- Kim KJ, Choi KY, Choi YJ. The relationship between martial arts instructors` instructing characteristics and trainees` training satisfaction and intention. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2011; 45:585–96.
- Cho GS, Lee BS, Kim BS. A structural relationship model among expertise, trust and instructing effectiveness of swimming instructors. The Korea Journal of Sports Science. 2008; 17(4):241–51.
- Lee DH, Son SD. Analysis of Taekwondo masters' perception on dojang operation. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2005; 25:665–78.
- Kim HS. Qualitative case study on the professional knowledge of sport instructors. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2009; 37:27–43.
- Choi YJ, Kim KJ, Cho GS. Understanding about Hapkido program application of the Taekwondo instructor. The Korea Journal of Sport. 2010; 8(2):319–29.
- Rosenberg LJ, Czepiel JA. A marketing approach for customer retention. Journal of Customer Marketing. 1984; 1(2):45–51.
- Kotler P, Armstrong G. Principles of marketing. Upper Saddle River. Prentice Hall: NJ; 1999.
- Choo NY, Cho SH. A causal relationship among nonverbal communication of dance instructor, customer participation, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Korean Journal of Sport Science. 2013; 24(1):105–115.
- Oliver RL. Whence consumer loyalty? Journal of Marketing. 1999; 63:33–44.
- Zeithaml VA, Bitner MJ, Gremier DD. Services Marketing. 5th (edn)., McGraw-Hill: NY; 2009.
- Kim SD, Kim IG. The affect of select properties of camping site on customers’ satisfaction, loyalty and community attachment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(25):1–7.
- Kim YK, Son SD. A study on the relationship among emotional leaadership of Taekwondo trainer and customer satisfaction, loyalty. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2005; 10(3):81–90.
- Abhisek J, Bibhas C. Mediating role of customer satisfaction in the mid-market hotels: An empirical analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1):1–16.
- Choi YJ, Kim HR. The IPA on the Taekwondo gymnasium selection attributes of Taekwondo trainees’ parents. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2012; 50:339–52.
- Kang HJ, Lee JY, Kim KK. The relationship between service quality and consumer satisfaction, consumer loyalty in taelung international skate facility. The Korean Journal of Physical Eduaction. 2002; 41(3):237–46.
- Park CK. Relationship among golf course service quality, image, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2005; 10(3):15–25.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.