Total views : 77
Assessing and Improving User Experience with e-Government Portals
Objectives: Classify e-service functions on Websites or portals in order to prioritize which ones to improve based on their performance and importance as viewed by consumers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: We use the standard SERVQUAL questionnaire to extract the Website consumers’ views. Then, we analyse the collected data using the Two Dimensional Mean Value Matrix (TDMVM) by mapping the consumer’s perception on a 2D space of function performance-importance. The SERVQUAL questionnaire has been customized to suit the business domain we are experimenting with. Findings: As a proof-of-concept, we applied our methodology to one of the national e-government Websites called Tanmia. The two mean values of performance-importance for the 20 quality-specific questions of SERVQUAL were mapped to the 4 quadrants of the TDMVM. Based on the final projection of the quality questions on the 4-quadrant matrix, a recommendation report has been generated with a course of action for each corresponding quadrant. Application/Improvements: Consumers deserve to express their feedback toward e-services delivered. At the same time, decision makers and Website admins need the right tools that allow them to focus on what matters the most to the consumers in order to fix underperforming functions. We showed a methodology, which combines SERVQUAL and TDMVM, that can pinpoint the areas that need immediate attention and the areas that we do not need to waste resources on fixing them. The methodology should boost consumer satisfaction while rending decision makers working effectively and efficiently by allocating resources at the right functional areas.
E-Recruitment, Four Quadrants, SERVQUAL, TDMVM, User Satisfaction.
- Alenezi H, Tarhini A, Sharma S. Development of Quantitative Model to Investigate the Strategic Relationship Between Information Quality and E-Government Benefits. Transforming Government. 2015; 9(3):324-51.
- Obeidat O, Saleh A. Al Tamimi & Company: UAE Officials Declare 2015 ‘Year of Innovation’. 2015.
- Abbas W. UAE Ranks Eighth Globally in Broadband Leadership. Emirates. 2010; 24(7).
- UNPAN. Date Accessed: November 6 2016: Available from: http://workspace.unpan.org/sites/Internet/Documents/UNPAN96407.pdf
- Tanmia. Date Accessed: Sep 12 2016: Available from: https://tanmia.ae/Arabic/Pages/default.aspx.
- Yang M, Chun et al. Using A Two-Dimensional Mean Value Matrix (TDMVM) To Improve Users Satisfaction With Government E-Recruitment Website. Journal of Software (JSW). 2015; 10(1):82-93.
- Martilla A, James J. Importance-performance analysis. Journal of Marketing. 1977; 41:77–9.
- Lo C, Wang C, Chien P, Hung C. An empirical study of commercialization performance on nanoproducts. Technovation. 2012; 32(3-4):168–78.
- Chang C. Improving employment services management using IPA technique. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013; 40:6948–54.
- Chen K. Improving importance-performance analysis: The role of the zone of tolerance and competitor performance: The case of Taiwan’s hot spring hotels. Tourism Management. 2014; 40:260–72.
- Coghlan A. Facilitating reef tourism management through an innovative importance-performance analysis method. Tourism Management. 2012; 33(4):767–75.
- Parasuraman A, Zeithaml V, Berry L. Refinement and reassessment of the SERVQUAL scale. Journal of Retailing. 1991; 67(4):420–50.
- Survey Monkey. Date Accessed: Sep 13 2016: Available from: http://www.abet.org.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.