Total views : 239
Individual Psychological Characteristics of Members of Destructive Religious and Ethno-Nationalist Organizations
Objectives: The relevance of the study is determined by the intensification of the spread of ethno-nationalist sentiments among young people. The purpose of the research is to identify the individual psychological characteristics of the young people being members of destructive religious and ethno-nationalist organizations. Methods/Statistical analysis: The study is based on the fundamental principles of psychology and carried out using its traditional and classical methods: psycho diagnostics and comparative analysis. Findings: The paper deals with the concepts of ethno-nationalist organizations and destructive religious organizations; it analyzes the psychological essence of nationalism and its various forms in relation to patriotism. The authors examine the specificity of the interaction of some modern neo-pagan and nationalist movements, trends and determinants of the manifestations of extremism as regards race, nationality, language, origin and religion on their basis. The paper presents the results of a study of individual psychological characteristics of the persons involved in destructive religious and ethno-nationalist organizations; gives practical recommendations for preventing the spread of ethno-nationalist sentiments among youth. Application/Improvements: Scientifically proven information obtained as the result of the empirical research, makes it possible to deeper understand the psychological laws and mechanisms of young people’s involvement in destructive religious organizations and spread of ethno-nationalist sentiments among them.
Destructive Organizations, Nationalism, Neo-Paganism, Patriotism.
- Sidorina TY, Polyannikov TL. Nationalism: Theory and political history. Moscow: HSE Press; 2006.
- Bonkalo TI, Ilyin VA, Bonkalo SV. Ethnonational attitudes and psychosocial development of personality: Empirical studies. Bulletin of the Moscow State Regional University. 2015; 4:10–24.
- Bonkalo SV, Bonkalo TI. Features of the life philosophy of members of youth nationalist organizations. Systemic Psychology and Sociology. 2015; 3(15):63–72.
- Bonkalo TI, Bonkalo SV. Psychological factors of development of destructive national consciousness in modern young people. Initiatives of the 21st Century. 2015; 4:46–8.
- Kohn H. The idea of nationalism. Abimperio: Theory and history of nations and nationalism in the post-Soviet space. 2001; 3:419–50.
- Khukhlaev OE, Buchek AA, Zinurova RI et al. Ethnonational attitudes and values of today’s youth. Cultural and Historical Psychology. 2011; 4:97–106.
- Mikhailova VV, Nadkin VB. Religious identity and ethnoconfessional relations in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Bulletin of the Russian Nation. 2014; 2, 2–2(34):138–48.
- Snyder S, Bell H, Busch-Armendariz N. Immigration detention and faith-based organizations. Social Work (United States). 2015; 60(2):165–73.
- Wittberg PA. Faith-Based umbrella organizations: Implications for religious identity [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jan 01]. Available from: Source of the Document. https:// www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&auth orId=7801599927&zone=.
- Vasiliev AD. Word Games: Russian nationals instead of Russians. Russian Political Linguistics. 2008, 25, 35-43.
- Gadzhimuradova ZM. Specificity and possible solutions to problems of religious extremism among the youth of the North Caucasus. Personality Development. 2016, 2, 16-31.
- Oganesyan SS. Revisiting the issue of interaction of the Research Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia and the Russian State Social University in the aspects of formation of religious tolerance in modern young people. Bulletin of the Russian State Social University. 2015, 14, 3 (130), 127-135.
- Hanegraaff, W. New Age Movement. In: Jones L. (Ed.). Encyclopedia of Religion. 2nd edn. Vol.10, 2005.
- York M. Pagan Theology: Paganism as a World Religion. New York: New York University Press, 2005.
- HYPERLINK "https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri ?origin=resultslist&authorId=23979878200&zone=" o "Show author details" Edwards KL, HYPERLINK "https:// www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&a uthorId=7801343658&zone=" o "Show author details" Christerson B, HYPERLINK "https://www.scopus.com/ authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&authorId=700516 1397&zone=" o "Show author details" Emerson MO. HYPERLINK "https://www.scopus.com/record/display. uri?eid=2-s2.0-84880518750&origin=resultslist&sort=plff& src=s&st1=RELIGIOUS+ORGANIZATION&st2=DE STRUCTIVE&nlo=&nlr=&nls=&sid=90CE395896DFDF946A2273702D8B9A11.wsnAw8kcdt7IPYLO0V48gA%3a560&sot=b&sdt=cl&cluster=scosubjabbr%2c%22SOCI%22%2ct&sl=27&s=KEY%28RELIGIOUS+ORGANIZATI ON%29&relpos=59&citeCnt=12&searchTerm=" o "Show document details" Race, religious organizations, and integration. Source of the Document HYPERLINK "https:// www.scopus.com/source/sourceInfo.uri?sourceId=16976 &origin=resultslist" o "Show source title details" Annual Review of Sociology. 2013. 39, 211-228. DOI: 10.1146/ annurev-soc-071312-145636.
- Borisov RV. Social psychology of religious identity: theoretical and conceptual understanding and empirical study. Bulletin of the Dagestan State University. Series 2: Human Sciences. 2014; 4:243–6.
- Lobazova OF. Religious Studies. 6th edn., revised and enlarged. Moscow: 2012. Teaching Sociology Dictionary. S. A. Kravchenko (Ed.). Moscow: Ankil. 1997.p. 2.
- Egorychev AM, Mardochaev LV, Rybakova AI, Fomina SN, Sizikova VV. Society and education in the early 21th century: integration of tradition and innovation. HYPERLINK "http://elibrary.ru/contents.asp?issueid=1409888"Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics. 2014; 5 (2),82-91. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.14505/jarle. v5.2(10).04" t "_blank" 10.14505/jarle.v5.2(10).04.
- Letter from the Russian Ministry of Education and Science dated 25.05.2015 No. 08-761 “On the study of the subject areas: “Fundamentals of religious cultures and secular ethics” and “Fundamentals of spiritual and moral culture of the peoples of Russia”.
- Kuchmistov KS, Sergeev AA. Study of the interrelationship of value orientations of the individual and his proclivity for manipulation. Bulletin of the Volgograd State University. Series 11: Natural Sciences. 2013; 2 (6): 86-90.
- Rybakov RP, Rybakova AI. Poverty as a social phenomenon. Moscow: Rusayns, 2015. DOI: 10.15216/978-5-4365-0559- 6.
- Bonkalo TI, Rybakova AI, Bonkalo SV, Belyakova NV, Gorohova IV. HYPERLINK "http://elibrary.ru/item. asp?id=25221795"Social and psychological provisions for actualization of the professional self-identity of teenagers with disabilities in conditions of the inclusive education. HYPERLINK "http://elibrary.ru/contents. asp?issueid=1543196"Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia. 2015; 12 (3): 2525–34. DOI 10.13005/bbra/1932.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.