Total views : 168
Design and Pilot Test of Software Prototype for Linking National R&D Information with Result Materials
Objectives: With open public data trend, Korean NTIS is considering national R&D information system including result materials. This research designs information integration software for linking the information with result materials. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To provide information integration in Korean NTIS including result materials along with 422 metadata items, this study designs and pilot tests a software prototype. The software prototype is designed in Agent Mode, which is based on previously existing standard platform.120,000 cases of data and 2.5GB of result materials were used to test the software prototype. Findings: According to the test result, the entire result materials were transferred in 250 seconds, while the renewal ones were sent in 50 seconds. It implies that the result materials can be transferred time-efficiently through the software. Preceding researchers studied on developing information integration system based on standard platform; however, there was lack of studies on developing the system including result materials. This study suggests a way to provide information service by linking national R&D information with result materials included as well as 422 metadata items. Improvements/Applications: To apply the proposed target model to the existing NTIS environment, further studies need to verify the stability or system quality even when transferring large amount of result materials.
Information Integration, Korean NTIS, Metadata, National R&D Information, Pilot Test, Result Material, Software Prototyping.
- Kim Y. A study on government 3.0 in the Era of the Right to Know. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management. Nov 2014; 14(4):37-62.
- Jang B. A study on the government full-text information disclosure system through the survey on the government officials’ perceptions. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science and Society. Mar 2016; 47(1):339-60.
- Cho J. A Study on information integration for enhancing the usability of science and technology information. Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology. Oct 2009; 7 (5):263-72.
- Bayardo R, Bohrer W, Brice A, Cichock A, Fowler J, Helal A, Kashyap V, Ksiezyk T, Martin G, Nodine M, Rashid M, Rusinkiewicz M, Shea R, Unnikrishnan C, Unruh A, Woelk D. InfoSleuth: Agent-based semantic integration of information in open and dynamic environments. ACM SIGMOD Record. Jun 1997; 26(2):195-206.
- Gil-Garcia J. Towards a smart state? Inter-agency collaboration, information integration, and beyond. Information Polity. 2012; 17(3):269-80.
- Yim J, Cho E. A study on data adjustment and quality enhancement method for public administrative dataset records in the transfer process-based on the experiences of data warehouses’ ETT. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies. Jul 2010; (25):91-129.
- Shon K, Lim J. Research quality improvement by factors analysis data quality problem: Focus on national R&D information linking structure. The Journal of Korea Contents Association. 2009; 9(1):1-14.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Singh I. Comparative analysis of data mining tools and techniques for information retrieval. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Mar 2016; 9(11):1-16.
- Kang N, Park M, Choi K, Kim T, Joo W, Kwon O. A development of service model for mapping the ecology of scientific research using national science & technology information service. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S1):121-30.
- Kim M, Shin D, Kim J, Lee B. An empirical analysis of technology transfer of national R&D projects in South Korea. Advances in Multimedia. Jan 2015; 8(S1):121-30.
- National Science and Technology Knowledge and Information Service. Available from: http://www.ntis.go.kr. Date Accessed: 01/08/2016.
- Lee S, Lee B, Jeong H. A study on the problem analysis and improvement plan of the data quality management system of national R&D Data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):1-8.
- Vassiliadis P, Skiadopoulos S, Simitsis A. Conceptual modeling for ETL Processes. Proceedings of the 5th ACM international workshop on Data Warehousing and OLAP. 2002. p. 14-21.
- Prevedello L, Andriole K, Hanson R, Kelly P, Khorasani R. Business intelligence tools for radiology: Creating a prototype model using open-source tools. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2010; 23(2):133-41.
- Kim D, Choi J, Jung H. A study on the information integration model based on standard integration framework. Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering. Apr 2014; 18 (4):861-6.
- Choi H, Kim J. Design of a NTIS information integration model based on a standard integration platform. Journal of KISSE: Computing Practices and Letters. Jun 2012; 18(6):484-8.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning. Available from: http://english.msip.go.kr/english/main/main.do. Date Accessed: 2016 Feb.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.[Government 3.0], MSIP Disclosure of Information on National R&D and Construction of Integrated Monitoring System regarding Research Funds. Press Release; Jan 2016.
- Information Disclosure Portal. Available from: http://www.open.go.kr. Date Accessed: 08/08/2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.