Total views : 202
An Analysis of RDF View Maintenance using JENA
Objectives: This work provides an analysis of View maintenance of RDF structures for various data sizes using Jena. Methods/Statistical Analysis: We perform insert and deletion operations in files of three sizes and investigate how these operations are effected by the size of the file which is being worked upon. Five different experiments were conducted on the data files to provide a thorough analysis. Findings: The results from the experiments indicate that time taken for Insert operation increased proportionally however time remained the same for delete operations performed on the RDF data. It was also determined that first runs of any code in Jena took the longest time while time for operations reduced as more runs of the operations were made. Application/Improvements: The work provides a qualitative analysis of the updating of Semantic Web Content on the web.
JENA, Resource Distribution Framework, Semantic Web, View Maintenance.
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) model and syntax specification [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/.
- World wide web consortium issues RDF and OWL recommendations [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2004/01/sws-pressrelease.
- Chougule, A, Jha VK, Mukhopadhyay D. Adaptive ontology construction method for crop pest management. Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing; 2017. p. 665–74.
- Chaudhary S, Bhise M, Banerjee A, Goyal A, Moradiya, C. Agro advisory system for cotton crop. 7th International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS); 2015.
- Sangeetha K, Santhiya S. Hospital record search using RDF based information retrieval. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications. 2016; 10:109–116.
- Chand KP. Dynamic ontology based model for text classification. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.2016; 11:4917–21.
- Neumann T, Weikum G. RDF-3X: A RISC-style engine for RDF. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment. 2008; 1:647– 59.
- Description Framework (RDF): Concepts and abstract syntax [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: http:// www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#sectionGraph-URIref.
- SPARQL Query Language for RDF [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparqlquery/. Date Accessed: 30/08/2016.
- Erling, O., Mikhailov, I.: RDF Support in the Virtuoso DBMS. In: Networked Knowledge-Networked Media, Springer, Germany, 2009 pp. 7–24.
- 3Store semantic web standards [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/ 3Store.
- 4Store, semantic web standards [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/ 34Store.
- Category: Triple store semantic web standards [Internet].[cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Category:Triple_Store.
- SPARQL/Update: A language for updating RDF [Internet].[cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: http http://www.w3.org/Submission/2008/04/.
- Volz R, Oberle D, Studer R. Towards views in the semantic web. 2nd International Workshop on Databases, Documents and Information Fusion (DBFUSION02); 2002.
- Apache Jena-what is jena? [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30].Available from: https://jena.apache.org/about_jena/about.html.
- W3C Semantic web interest group [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest.
-  vCard Ontology - for describing people and organizations [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from: https://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.