Total views : 243
A Study for Control Power System Load Flow by Shield Control of High-TC Superconducting Cable
Objectives: HTS cable was shown high temperature characteristic of the superconducting tape by sharp increase resistance on fault state. This paper proposes by controlling the HTS shield part to stable transmission in power system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: HTS cable was divided mainly three parts that was former, conductor, and shield part. To be performance the HTS cable designed by comparison low error value with real HTS cable property and, developed by controlling shield parts by using mutual inductance change. Findings: The HTS power cable was controlled load flow by adjusting the shield part. Improved the HTS cable was limited current above 64% better than HTS cable in installed the fault current limiter. Therefore, HTS cable could be improved power stability in the power system. Improvements/Applications: The HTS shield control might be controlled power flow and limited fault current. It wasn’t necessary for installing other device by controlling HTS cable shield part. So, proposed the HTS cable model was applied in economic and effective device in power system.
Fault Current Limit, HTS Cable, HTS Shield Control, Load Flow, Power System.
- Lee HC, Yang BM, Lee GJ. A study result on coordinative protection method of HTS cable implemented distribution system. The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers. 2011; 60(4):700-04.
- Jipping J, Aansoldo A, Wakefield C. The impact of HTS cable on power flow distribution and short-circuit currents within a meshed network. IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference, USA. 2001. p. 736-41.
- Noji H. Numerical analysis of the AC losses of 500-m HTS power cable in Super-ACE project, Elsevier Cyrogenics. 2007; 47(2):94-100.
- Lee GJ, Hwang SD, Yang BM, Lee HC. A electrical characteristic simulation and test for the steady and transient state in the 22.9kV HTS cable distribution system. The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers. 2009; 58(12):2316-21.
- Zelati A, Amirabadizadeh A, Kompany A, Salamati H, Sonier J. Effects of Dy2O3 nanoparticle addition on structural and superconducting properties of BSCCO. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(2):123-34.
- Lee GJ, Hwang SD, Lee JP, Kim CY, Park HC. Power system security control method for quench characteristic of high-temperature superconducting cable. Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers conference, Korea. 2005; 19(6):29-35.
- Sohn SH, Lim JH, Yang BM, Lee SK, Jang HM, Kim YH, Yang HS, Kim DL, Kim HR, Yim SW, Won YJ, Hwang SD. Design and development of 500m long HTS cable system in the KEPCO power gird, Korea Physic C. 2010; 470(20):1567-71.
- Lee HC, Roh YG, Jung BJ. A study on control shield of High-Tc Superconducting cable. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on 2016.
- Akthar SKJ, Sekhar G. Mitigation of voltage sag using super conductor fault current limiters. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):1-5.
- Luiz AM. Applications of High-Tc Superconductivity, INTECH: Croatia. 2011. p .1-272.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.