Total views : 130
Interactive Online Marketing Via Digital Terrestrial Television
Background/Objectives: This paper proposes architecture for the development of interactive online marketing services via Digital Terrestrial Television. It allows reaching customers through their television, from the comfort of their homes. Methods: This job used 4+1 view model based on Unified Modeling Language for explaining the architecture. It describes two aspects that enable the online marketing services: television contents transmission and interactive contents transmission. Findings: For the first, it considers the path that makes the package from the programmers to consumers, to explain conceptually how it behaves during the tour. For the second, it described the transport of the packages by return channel. The interactive package characteristics and the server/client interactivity are too described. Later, a case study shows an online marketing scenario developed on a university television channel. Novelty: The description of interactivity, in a novel way explains how it is possible to do online marketing services taking advantage of the wealth of multimedia content offered by digital television.
Architecture, Digital Television Transmission, Interactivity, Online Marketing.
- Contreras FA, Pedraza E, Gomez-Barquero D. DVB-T2 field trials results for portable indoor reception in Colombia.2014 IEEE Latin-America Conference on Communications (LATINCOM). 2014 Nov; 1(5):5−7. Crossref
- The International Telecommunication Union – ITU.Trends in broadcasting: An overview of developments [Internet]. [cited 2016 Dec 30]. Available from: https:// www.itu.int/en/ITU Technology/Documents/Broadcasting/ TrendsinBroadcasting.pdf.
- Chorianopoulos K, Pablo C. Interactive digital television and multimedia systems. Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Multimedia; 2006 Oct. p. 1−7.
- Jensen JF. Interactive television: new genres, new format, new content. Proceedings of the second Australasian conference on Interactive entertainment, Sydney, Australia; 2005 Nov. p. 89−96.
- Ribón JCR, Villalba LJG, Kim T. Virtual learning communities: Unsolved troubles. Multimedia Tools and Applications.Springer US. 2015 Oct; 74(19):8505−19.
- Han KS. Exploratory study on effect of brand experience and interactivity of digital signage using virtual reality on attitude. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Nov; 9(44):1−8. Crossref
- Anushan SCS, Selvabaskar R, Alamelu. Factors Contributing and curtailing online shopping behavior: A factor analysis approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(27):1−14.
- Online marketing. First Edition. The Province of British Columbia: Canada; 2011.
- Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB). Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television.ETSI; 2004.
- Object management group. Unified Modeling Language [Internet]. [cited 2016 Dec 28]. Available from: http://www.omg.org/spec/UML/.
- Kruchten, P. Architectural Blueprints—The “4+1” View Model of Software Architecture. IEEE Software. 1995 Nov; 12(6):1−15. Crossref
- Magaly G, Ríos C, José L, Arciniegas H. Performance analysis of DTTV with return cannel IP in NS2. 2012 IEEE Colombian Communications Conference; 2012. p. 1−6.
- Zhen-Ping F, Kang B. Analysis and implementation of streaming media system based on RTP and MPEG-4. 2015 4th International Conference on Computer Science and Network Technology (ICCSNT). 2015; (1):1286−9.
- Raja NB, Gangatharan N. A new low complexity DHT based weighted OFDM transmission for peak power reduction.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1−4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.