Total views : 69
Multi-Level Modleach for Wireless Sensor Networks
Main objective of this paper is to develop a Modified Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy (MODLEACH) protocol with multiple levels of cluster Heads. Wireless sensor nodes sense the physical parameters like temperature, pressure, humidity etc and send the obtained data to the base station directly or in multiple hops using other neighbouring nodes in the network as intermediate relay stations. The network lifetime and efficiency depends on the protocol adopted by the network. Many protocols were developed recently, LEACH is efficient cluster based routing protocol and basis for many other protocols. Later MODLEACH protocol has been introduced, which overcomes the drawbacks of LEACH. MODLEACH has a drawback of reducing network lifetime due to excessive power consumption by the cluster head when it is far away from the base station and it dies faster. In our paper, we provide multiple levels of cluster heads, which helps the cluster heads that are far away from the base station to survive a little longer and hence increases the life time of the network. When compared to MODLEACH, multi-level MODLEACH is effective in terms of network lifetime and energy consumption.
Cluster Head Formation, Multiple Levels, Network Lifetime, Routing Protocol, MODLEACH.
- Thiriveni GV, Ramakrishnan M. Distributed Clustering based Energy Efficient Routing Algorithm for Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1-6. Crossref.
- Kiran Kumar TVU, Karthik B. Improving Network Life Time using Static Cluster Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Jounal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(S5):1-6.
- Heinzelman WR, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H. EnergyEfficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks. Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2000 Jan; p. 1-10. Crossref.
- Younis M, Munshi P, Gupta G, Elsharkawy S. On Efficient Clustering of Wireless Sensor Networks. Second IEEE workshop on Dependability and Security in Sensor Networks and Systems. 2006; p. 78-91. Crossref.
- TEEN: A Routing Protocol for Enhanced Efficiency in Wireless Sensor Networks. Crossref.
- SEP: A stable electron protocol for clustered heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Crossref.
- Li Qing, Qingxin Zhu, Mingwen Wang. Design of a distributed energy-efficient clustering algorithm for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Computer Communications. 2006 Aug; 29(12):2230-7. Crossref.
- PEGASIS: Power-efficient gathering in sensor information systems. Crossref.
- MODLEACH: A Variant of LEACH for WSNs. Crossref.
- Energy efficient and cluster based routing protocol for WSN. Crossref.
- Multi-level leach protocol model using ns-3. Crossref.
- Energy efficient m-level LEACH protocol. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.