Total views : 191
Key Security Issues and Existing Solutions in Cloud Computing Applications
Cloud computing, otherwise known as on-demand computing model that enables access to computation and storage resources on the internet. However, consumers are apprehensive about adopting this computing model because it is still plagued by security issues. Security is still an un resolved problem in cloud applications.In this paper, we present the key issues of data security in the cloud computing technology , and are described in four areas: storage security, network security, data security and virtualization. We then discuss some frameworks for addressing the security issues. Issues related to standardization, multi-tenancy, and federation have also been addressed for extensive usage of cloud computing technology in various applications.
Cloud Computing, Data Security, Multitenancy, Security.
- GAP Report. Global Access Partners (GAP) Task Force on Cloud Computing. 2011.http://www.globalaccesspartners.org/Cloud-Computing-GAP-TaskForce-Report-May-2011.pdf
- Buyya R, Broberg J, Goscinsky A. Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms. John Wiley and Sons;2011. Crossref
- Sosinksy B. Cloud Computing Bible. John Wiley and Sons;2011.
- Buyya R, Yeo CS, Venugopal S, Broberg J, Brandic I. Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: Vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility. Future Generation Computer Systems.2009; 25(6):599–616 Crossref
- NIST.http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/cloud-computing/ 2011.
- NIST. http://www.csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/cloud-computing/ index.html. 30th Dec 2012
- Sangeetha T, Saranya M. Survey of security auditing issues in cloud computing. International Journal of Electrical Electronics and Computer Science Engineering. 2014;1(5): 33–36.
- Gokulan V, Kalaikumaran T, Karthik S. Procuring data storage security in cloud environment by using two step secure protocol. International Journal of Software and hardware Reserach in Engineering.2014; 2 (4):102–7.
- Donald A. Cecil, Oli S. Arul, Arockiam L. Mobile cloud security issues and challenges:A perspective. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology.2013;3(1):401–6.
- Jaffar Ali, Shareefa Rabiya N. Secure Cloud – A Survey. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies.2014; 5 (4): 5447–49.
- Hashizume K, Rosado DG, Fernández-Medina E, Fernandez EB. An analysis of security issues for cloud computing. Journal of Internet Services and Applications. 2013; 4(5): 2-13. Crossref
- Gonzalez N, Miers C, Redígolo F, Simplício1 M, Carvalho T, Näslund M and Pourzandi M. A quantitative analysis of current security concerns and solutions for cloud computing. Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications. 2012; 1(11):2–18.
- Balasubramanian V, Mala T.A review on various data security issue in cloud computing environment and its solutions. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015;10(2):883–9.
- Alotaibi MS. Utilization of cloud computing in library and information centers: A theoretical study. International Journal of Digital Library Services.2013; 3(4):83–93.
- Fern´andez A, Peralta D, Herrera F, Ben´ýtez JM. An overview of e-learning in cloud computing. L. Uden et al. (Eds.):Workshop on LTEC. 2012; AISC. 173, pp. 35–46.
- Kephart JO,Chess D M. The Vision of Autonomic Computing. Computer Magazine. January 2003 ed.
- CSA. Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing V2.1. Cloud Security Alliance;2009.
- David Hilley. Cloud computing: A taxonomy of platform and infrastructure-level offerings.CERCS Technical Report. Georgia Institute of Technology; PMid:19076107 19. NSAI Standards 2012. Adopting the Cloud - decision support for cloud computing. 4 April 2012.
- Ristov S, Gusev M, Kostoska M. A new methodology for security evaluation in cloud computing., MIPRO. 2012 Proceedings of the 35th International Convention. 21-25 May 2012;p. 1484–89.
- Chadha K, Bajpai A. Security aspects of cloud computing. International Journal of Computer Applications.2012; 40(8):43–47. Crossref
- Kuyoro SO, Ibikunle F, Awodele O. Cloud computing security issues and challenges. International Journal of Computer Networks.2011;3 (5):
- IDC. Enterprise Panel. September 2009. http://www.slideshare.net/JorFigOr/cloud-computing-2010-an-idcupdate
- Pearson S, Benameur A. Privacy, security and trust issues arising from cloud computing. 2nd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science. IEEE Computer Society.2010;. 693–702. Crossref
- Open Web Application Security Project Cloud ‐ 10 Project (OWASP-10); Multi Tenancy and Physical Security. https:// www.owasp.org/index.php/Cloud-10_Multi_Tenancy_ and_Physical_Security. Accessed 22nd May 2015.
- Ristenpart T, Tromer E, Shacham H, Savage S. Hey, you, get off of my Cloud: Exploring Information Leakage in ThirdParty Compute Clouds. Chicago, Illinois, USA;
- CCS’09, November 9–13, 2009. Polash F, Abuhussein A, Shiva S. A survey of cloud computing taxonomies: rationale and overview. http://gtcs.cs.memphis.edu/pub/ICITST_ Survey.pdf Accessed: 23rd May 2015
- Grobauer B, Walloschek T, Stocker E. Understanding cloud computing vulnerabilities. IEEE Security Privacy.2011; 9(2):50–57. Crossref
- Afoulki Z, Bousquet A, Rouzaud-Cornabas J. A securityaware scheduler for virtual machines on IAAS clouds. Report 2011.
- Afoulki Z, Bousquet A, Rouzaud-Cornabas J, Toinard C. MAC protection of open Nebula cloud environment. In: International conference on high performance computing and simulation (HPCS).p. 85–90.
- Shaikh FB, Haider S, Security Threats in Cloud Computing, 6th International Conference on Internet Technology and Secured Transactions. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates:11-14 December 2011.
- Jansen W, Grance T. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Guidelines on Security and Privacy in Public Cloud Computing. January 2011
- G.Manoj Someswar, Smt.Hemalatha. Identification and implementation of suitable solutions to critical security issues in cloud computing. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development.November 2012; 4( 7): 01–10.
- Nikolay Grozev, Rajkumar Buyya. Inter-Cloud architectures and application brokering:taxonomy and survey. Softw.Pract.Exper. 2014; 44:369–390. Crossref
- Md. Anwar Hossain Masud, MdRafiqul Islam, Jemal Abawajy. Security concerns and remedy in a cloud based e-learning system. In SecureComm 2013, LNICST 127. T. Zia et al. (Eds).
- Sarvesh Kumar, Suraj Pal Singh, Ashwanee Kumar Singh, Jahangir Ali.Virtualization, The great thing and issues in cloud computing. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology.2013; 3(2): 338–341.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.