Total views : 47
Synchronization Error Investigation of an Autonomous Chaotic System in Signal Masking Application
Objectives: In recent years signal masking application is very popular and lot of work has been published. Most of the work suggested that to maintain synchronization between transmitter and receiver, amplitude of the message signal should be low keeping the frequency constant. The objective of this paper is to investigate the measurement of synchronization error between coupled transmitter and receiver. The paper shows how synchronization error varies with the changing amplitude and frequency of the encrypted message signal. Methods: The system taken in this work is described by ordinary differential equations and implemented with simple electronic components. The transmitter and receiver system are identical and coupled through a reference signal. When message signal is added to the chaotic signal, synchronization error occurs which effects the exact recovery of the message signals at receiver. Synchronization error has been calculated by keeping the frequency constant and varying the amplitude of the message signal and vice versa. An improved synchronization scheme with feedback is also implemented to see the effect of feedback on synchronization of coupled chaotic systems. Findings: These works gives more insight into signal masking application and conclude that the encrypted signal amplitude should be as low as possible for better synchronization and its frequency should be kept high. If feedback is used masking will be better and synchronization error is reduced because now the dynamics of transmitter is also change in accordance with the receiver. With feedback scheme the error is constant for the range of frequencies and message signal amplitude. Applications: The feedback scheme is useful for those signals which have changing amplitude or changing frequency. It has been observed that the synchronization error reduces considerably in case of improved synchronization scheme with feedback. This work can also be extended for masking digital signals.
Chaotic Masking, Identical Synchronization, Synchronization Error
- Pecora LM, Carroll TL. Fundamentals of Synchronization in chaotic systems, concept and applications. American Institute of Physics. 1997; 7(4):520-43.Crossref
- Kevin M, Cuomo, Alan V Oppenheim. Synchronization of Lorenz based chaotic circuit with application to communication. IEEE Transaction on Circuits and System II, Analog and digital signal processing. 1993; 40: 626-33.
- Kevin M, Cuomo, Alan V. Oppenheim. Circuit implementation of Synchronized chaos with Applications to communications. Physical review letters. 1993; 71:65-68.Crossref
- Pehlivan I, Uyaroglu Y. Rikitake Attractor and its synchronization applications for Secure Communication systems.Journal of Applied Sciences. 2007; p. 232-36.
- Pehlivan I, Uyaroglu Y. Nonlinear Sprott94 case a chaotic equation: Synchronization and masking communication application. Elsevier Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2010; 36:1093-100.Crossref
- Pan J, Ding Q, Du B. A new improved scheme of chaotic masking secure communication based on Lorenz system.International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos. 2012; 22(5):10.Crossref
- Mamat M, Sanjaya MWS, Maulana DS. Numerical simulation chaotic synchronization of Chua circuit and its application for secure communication. Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2013; 7:1-10.Crossref
- Pandey A, Baghel RK, Singh RP. Synchronization analysis of a new autonomous chaotic system with its application in Signal Masking. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 2012; 1:16-22.Crossref
- Lopez-Mancilla D, Cruz-Hernandez C. A note on chaosbased communication schemes. Revista Mexicana deFisica. 2005; 51:265-69.
- Li S, Alvarez G, Li Z, Halang WA. Analog chaos – based secure communications and crypt analysis: A brief survey.Potsdam, Germany: Proceeding of 3rd International IEEE Scientific conference on physics and control. 2007; p. 1-6.
- Sambas A, Mamat M, Mada Sanjaya WS, Salleh Z, Mohamad FS. Unidirectional Synchronization of Jerk Circuit and its Uses in Secure Communication System. Advanced Studies in Theoretical Physics. 2015; 9:545-57.Crossref
- Sambas A, Mada Sanjaya WS, Mamat M. Bidirectional Coupling Scheme of Chaotic Systems and its Application in Secure Communication System. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review. 2015; 8(2):89-95.
- Busłowicz M, Ruszewski A, Makarewicz A.Synchronization of the Chaotic Pandey-Baghel-Singh Systems of Fractional Order. Springer: Progress in Automation, Robotics and Measuring Techniques. The series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing.2015; 350:1-10.Crossref
- Sambas A, Mada Sanjaya WS, Mamat M, Prastio RP. Mathematical Modelling of Chaotic Jerk Circuit and Its Application in Secure Communication System. Springer: Advances in Chaos Theory and Intelligent control. The series Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing. 2016; 337:133-53.Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.