Total views : 42
Modelling and Simulation of Photovoltaic System Fed Two Input Two Output DC-DC Boost Converter Interfaced with Asymmetric Cascaded H-Bridge Multilevel Inverter
Objectives: Multiple Input Multiple Output dc-dc boost converters is used to interface diversified renewable energy sources to Asymmetric Cascaded H-Bridge Multilevel Inverter whose output voltages can be connected to the grid system. The compensators and/or controllers are required to provide the constant output voltages of the boost converter against disturbances along with desired time domain specifications. In this paper, two input two output dc-dc boost converter is developed to interface with seven level multilevel inverter. Methods/Statistical Analysis: One of the input sources is replaced by Photovoltaic panel and Incremental Conductance based Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm is developed to improve the efficiency of the system. Compensators are designed to maintain the constant output voltages of the converter against disturbances using transfer function model obtained from developed small signal model of the converter. The developed system is simulated using MATLAB /Simulink and the total harmonic distortion in the output voltage of the inverter is observed .The simulated closed loop output voltages of the dc-dc converter are validated by developing prototype model of the converter using AT 89C51 microcontroller. Findings: It is found that the two input two output dc-dc converter provides constant dc voltages to the asymmetric multilevel inverter from the diversified energy sources with improved time domain specifications using compensators. Application/Improvements: The designed system is having the applications in renewable power system, aerospace power systems and hybrid energy vehicle.
Compensators, MPPT Algorithm, Multilevel Inverter, Photovoltaic Panel, Small Signal Modeling, THD.
- Modeling and Circuit-Based Simulation of Photovoltaic arrays.http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5347680/. Date Accessed: 27/09/2009.
- Hamrouni N, Chérif A. Modeling and Control of a SinglePhase Grid Connected Photovoltaic System.Revue des Energies Renouvelables.2007 Sep;10(3):335-44.
- Kuo YC, Liang TJ, Chen JF. Novel Maximum-Power-PointTracking Controller for Photovoltaic Energy Conversion System.IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.2001 Jun;48(3):594–601.
- Optimized Maximum Power Point Tracker for FastChanging Environmental Conditions.http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4677275/. Date Accessed: 30/06/2008.
- Tao H, Kotsopulous A, Duarte JL, Hendrix MAM. Family of multiport bidirectional DC-DC converters . IEE Proceedings - Electric Power Applications. 2006 May;153(3):451–58. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20050362
- Mahalakshmi R, Sindhu Thampatty K C. Implementation of Grid Connected PV array using Quadratic DC-DC Converter and Single Phase Multi Level Inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Dec;8(35):1–7. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/80548
- Bhuvaneshwari V, Harikumar ME, ShakilAhmed A, Vinoth R, Singh AB. Multicarrier Sinusoidal PWM Technique Based Analysis of Asymmetrical and Symmetrical 3Ф Cascaded MLI.International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering.2014 Nov;3(2):5755-61.
- Seyezhai R, Mathur BL. Hybrid Multilevel Inverter using ISPWM Technique for Fuel Cell Applications.International Journal of Computer Applications.2010 Nov;9(1):41–47 . https://doi.org/10.5120/1347-1817
- Kyocera. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyocera. Date Accessed: 09/09/2016.
- Sridhar N, Kanagaraj R. Modeling and Simulation of Controller for Single Phase and Three Phase PWM Rectifiers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Nov;8(32):1–8. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i32/87869
- Krishna S, Reddy M, Kalyani M, Elangovan D. U. A Small Signal Analysis of DC-DC Boost Converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Jan;8(S2):1–6. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS2/57787
- Ahmadi R, Ferdowsi M. Double-Input Converters Based on H-Bridge Cells: Derivation, Small-Signal Modeling, and Power Sharing Analysis.IEEE transactions on Circuits and Systems—I: regular papers.2012 Apr;59(4):875–88 . https:// doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2011.2169910
- Chaudhari H N, Patel D. Comparison of Asymmetrical Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Control Techniques. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology.2013 Jun;2(3):31–36.
- Seyezhai R. A Comparative Study of Asymmetric and Symmetric Cascaded Multilevel Inverter employing v a r i able Frequency Carrier based PWM.International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering.2012 Mar;2(3):230–7.
- Rauschenbach H S. Solar cell array design handbook. Van Nostrand Reinhold:Newyork.1980. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-011-7915-7 PMid:9537054
- Giuseppe C, Gardella S, Marchesoni M, Salutari R, Sciutto G. A New multilevel PWM method: A theoretical analysis. IEEE Trans on power Electronics.1992 Jul;(3):497–505.
- Liu YC, Chen YM. A systematic approach to synthesizing Multi-Input DC-DC converters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics.2009 Jan;24(1):116–27. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2009170
- Behjati H, Davoudi A. A Multiple-Input MultipleOutput DC–DC Converter.IEEE Transactions on industry applications.2013 May-Jun;49(3):1464–79. https:// doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2253440
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.