Total views : 177
Design and Comparison of PID and Proportional Resonant Controllers for Matrix Converter
In this paper we represent a comparison between PID and Proportional resonant controllers for matrix converter used for unbalance load application. The simulation has been done in Matlab Simulink. A linear model transfer function of matrix converter has been taken to be control by Proportional Resonant controller and PID controllers. Various parameters are taken to find out the close loop system stability. First PID controller and then Proportional resonant controller checked for close loop system’s responses. Optimal controller has been suggested on the basis of best performance for reference sinusoidal tracking.
Matrix Converter, PID Controller, Proportional Resonant Controller (PR).
- Empringham L, et al. Technological issues and industrial application of matrix converters: A review. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2013; 60(10):4260– 71. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2216231
- She X, Huang AQ, Burgos R. Review of solid-state transformer technologies and their application in power distribution systems. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. 2013; 1(3):186–98. https://doi.org/10.1109/JESTPE.2013.2277917
- Rivera M, et al. Predictive current control with input filter resonance mitigation for a direct matrix converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2011; 26(10):2794–803. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2121920
- Zanchetta P, et al. Design control and implementation of a three-phase utility power supply based on the matrix converter. IET Power Electronics. 2009; 2(2):156–62. https:// doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel:20070277
- Jeno Paul P, Ruban Deva Prakash T, Jacob Raglend I. Power quality improvement for matrix converter using unified power quality conditioner. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control. 2012; 34(5):585–9. https://doi.org/10.1177/0142331211409001
- Dannehl J, Liserre M, Fuchs FW. Filter-based active damping of voltage source converters with filter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011; 58(8):3623–33. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2081952
- Haseeb M, et al. Analysis of three-phase two-level PWM inverter with LCL filter using classical controllers for renewable energy sources. Proceedings of International Conference on Energy and Sustainability; 2013.
- Teodorescu Remus, et al. Proportional-resonant controllers and filters for grid-connected voltage-source converters. IEEE Proceedings Electric Power Applications; 2006.
- Lenwari W, Sumner M, Zanchetta P. The use of genetic algorithms for the design of resonant compensators for active filters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2009; 56(8):2852–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2018535
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.