Total views : 4978
Hybridized Feature Descriptor (HFD) for Content Based Image Retrieval on Large Image Database
Objectives: The hybridized feature descriptor is constructed to describe the relevance between the query and database images in the database. The input query is in the form of text keywords, specifications, image properties, color/ texture patterns or image itself. Method: The layered approach has been used to design experimental model, which helps to match the image features one after one to prepare the final image ranking. The similarity factor is calculated by SVM based learning model. It can achieve very good results under the limited feature matching paradigm. Findings: The existing model is defeated by this model because of its hybrid feature descriptor solution, proposed by the amalgamation of the color and low ranked features computed with feature fitness validation. The performance has been evaluated by using various performance parameters like accuracy, ranking/index building time, library lookup time, precision, recall etc. Improvement: The proposed model has resulted in effective content based image retrieval system. The experimental result shows the efficiency and robustness of this model.
Hybridized Feature Descriptor (HFD), Relevance Feedback (RF), Support Vector Machine (SVM).
- Krishnapuram R, Medasani S, Jung SH, Choi YS, Balasubramaniam R. Content-based image retrieval based on a fuzzy approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2004 Oct; 16(10):1185–99. Crossref
- Xin, J, Jin JS.Learning from user feedback for image retrieval. Proceedings of the Joint Conference of the Fourth International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing. 2003 Dec; 3:1–4.
- Cao N, Wang C, Li M, Ren K, Lou. Privacy-preserving multi-keyword ranked search over encrypted cloud data. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014 Jan; 25(1):222–33. Crossref
- Chang CY, Wang HJ, Jian RH. Semantic image retrieval with Fuzzy-ART. International Conference on System Science and Engineering; 2010 Oct.p. 69–74. Crossref
- Dillon T, Wu C, Chen E. Cloud computing: Issues and challenges. 24th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications; 2010 Jun.p. 27–33. Crossref
- Gudivada VN, Raghavan VV. Design and evaluation of algorithms for image retrieval by spatial similarity. ACM Transactions on Information Systems. 1995 Apr; 13(2):115–44. Crossref
- Liu Y, Zhang D, Lu G, Ma WY. A survey of content-based image retrieval with high-level semantics. Pattern Recognition. 2007 Jan; 40(1):262–82. Crossref
- Lu Y, Zhang H, Wenyin L, Hu C.Joint semantics and feature based image retrieval using relevance feedback. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. 2003 Sep; 5(3):339–47. Crossref
- Mohana RM, Reddy ARM. CCBIR. A Cloud Based Implementation of Content Based Image Retrieval. WSEAS Transactions on Computer.2015; 14:333–46.
- Smeulders AWM, Worring M, Santini S, Gupta A, Jain R. Content-based image retrieval at the end of the early years. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2000 Dec; 22(12):1349–80. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.