Total views : 54
Performance Evaluation of Routing Protocols for Mobile Adhoc Networks
Objectives: To provide characteristics of several routing algorithms by discussing the benefits and limitations in relevance to various metrics namely number of packets send, Packets dropped, delivery ratio and throughput. Methods/Statistical analysis: Some well known network simulators are available like Ns2 (Network Simulator 2), Ns3 (Network Simulator 3), OPNET, OMNeT++, Net Sim, REAL, Q. In order to achieve the objectives we shall be using simulator with the name of “network simulator - NS (version 2.35)” for the practical work. It is well known simulator and is an open source. So one can easily modify and add the new code according to their requirements. Findings: Nodes can be created in wired and wireless media using NS-2.35. These nodes can be assigned properties according to their characteristics and need of traffic. Analysis of routing algorithms has been done for 10, 30 and 40 nodes. From analysis it has been demonstrated that no. of packets dropped in AODV, DSDV, DSR and Want Net are equal to zero. No. of packets send is maximum in Want Net as compared to other routing protocols with whom the comparison has been done like AODV, DSDV and DSR. Delivery ratio is 100% in all the routing protocols AODV, DSDV, DSR and Want Net which are taken in this research paper. Throughput that represents the number of packets which are sent effectively per unit time is maximum in WAntNet as compared to other routing protocols AODV, DSDV and DSR .We have done the simulations using NS 2.35 in order to prove the benefits of WAntNet over the routing protocols that are existing in the literature. Improved performance has been attained through the WAntNet. Application/Improvements: MANET is infrastructure less network which is helpful in allocating information using movable devices. The various applications include Military Sector, Commercial Sector, Data Networks, Emergency Services and Sensor Networks.
Mobile Adhoc Network, Routing Protocol
- Shivashankar H N S, Golla V. G J. Designing Energy Routing Protocol with Power Consumption Optimization in MANET, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, India.2014.p. 192–97.
- Kaur A, Dhaka V, Singh G. ACO Agent Based Routing in AOMDV Environment. MATEC web of Conferences, Volume 57, India. 2016. p.1–8.
- Talwar B, Gupta A. Ant Colony based and Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Routing Protocols: a Review. International journal of Computer Applications.2012 July; 49 (21):36–42.Crossref
- Kaur A, Dhaka V, Singh G. Adjoining ant’s activities in adhoc on-demand multipath distance vector routing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 July; 9 (28):1–6.Crossref
- Dubey A, Meena D, Singh R. Artificial Bee Colony Based Energy Efficient Routing Protocols in MANET: A Survey.International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology.2014 February; 3(2):1271–276.
- Sensarma D, Majumder K. An efficient ant based QoS aware intelligent temporally ordered routing algorithm for MANETs. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications.2013 July; 5(4):189–203. Crossref
- Camilo T, Carreto C, Silva J, Boavida F. An Energy-Efficient Ant-Based Routing Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of 5th ANTS, India. 2006.p.49–59.Crossref
- Ye Z, Mohamadian H. Adaptive clustering based dynamic routing of wireless sensor networks via generalized Ant Colony optimization. IERI Procedia, India. 2014.p.2–10.
- Gabis A, Koudil M. NoC routing protocols –objectivebased classification. Journal of System Architecture.
- Singh G, Kumar N, Verma A. OANTALG: An Orientation based ANT Colony Algorithm for Mobile AdHoc Networks.International Journal of Wireless Personal Communications.2014 August;77(3):1859–884. Crossref
- Dhenakaran S, Parvathavarthini A. An overview of routing protocols in Mobile Adhoc Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 February; 3(2):251–59.
- Nandhini, J, Sharmila, D. Energy Efficient Routing Algorithm for Mobile Adhoc Networks – A Survey. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering. 2013 July;3(3):42–45.
- Mikki M. Energy Efficient Location Aided Routing Protocol for Wireless MANETs, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2009;4(1 & 2):1–9.
- Murthy C, Manoj B. Adhoc Wireless Networks. 22nd edition.Pearson Publishers, 2013.
- Singh G, Kumar N, Verma A. ANTALG: An Innovative ACO based Routing Algorithm for MANETs. International Journal of Network and Computer applications.2014 October; 45(c):151–167. Crossref
- Memon S, Khan F, Jokhio S. Comparative Analysis Of Wireless Ad-Hoc Routing Protocols Using Swarm Intelligence Based Model. Proceedings of 4th ISITES, Turkey, 2016.p. 541–50.
- Singh A, Dhaka V.S, Singh G. Comparative Analysis of Dynamic Path Maintenance Routing Protocols for Mobile AdHoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(28):1–6. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.