Total views : 58
Application of AHP-DEMATEL and GMDH Framework to Develop an Indicator to Identify Failure Probability of Wave Energy Converter
The objective of the present study is to develop an extensive indicator which can represent the probability of failure of the wave energy converters.The objective was accomplished by the adaptation of a two-step methodology. In the first step, MCDM methods were used to estimate the priority values of the factors relevant to the probability of failure of the converter. In the second step, GMDH model was implemented to predict the values of the indicators which are directly proportional to the probability of failure of the converter. The significant parameters were identified by their consideration in different case studies and their influence on converter efficiency. The soft-computation methods like AHP-DEMATEL and GMDH were used to find the relative priority values of the parameters and to develop an automatic framework for estimation of the indicator. The indicator was made directly proportional to the ability of the converter to failure probability of wave energy in a specific location. The results from the multi-method estimation model were validated with the help of Multi Linear Regression Equation and some real time case analysis. With an accuracy of above, 99% the ensemble MCDM-ANN model depicts a reliability which ensures the author of its wide application for the real benefits like cost reduction and efficiency maximization of converters in the utilization of the potential energy of the locations.The model has the potential to become a tool with which engineers can easily identify the failure tendency of wave energy converters in specific locations.
Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), Decision Making Trial and Evaluation Laboratory (DEMATEL), Ensemble Modeling, Group Method of Data Handling (GMDH), Wave Energy Converter
- RoulaInglesi-Lotz. The impact of renewable energy consumption to economic growth: A panel data application. Energy Economics. 2016 January 31;53:58–63. Crossref.
- RenPS. Renewables 2015 global status report. REN21 Secretariat: Paris, France, 2015.
- Kuo K.J., S.C.Chi, S.S. Kao. A decision support system for selecting convenience store location through integration of fuzzy AHP and artificial neural network. Computers in industry. 2002 February, 47(2), pp.199-214. Crossref.
- Antonio F. de O.F. Renewables 2015 Global Status Report. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews.2010 April;14(3):899–918.
- Veigas M, Lopez M, Iglesias G. Assessing the optimal location for a shoreline wave energy converter. Applied Energy. 2014 November;132:404–11. Crossref.
- Keskin H. Okur C. A. An approach to wave energy converter applications in Eregli on the western Black Sea coast of Turkey. Applied Energy. 2014 December;135:738–47. Crossref.
- Adem A, Komurcu M.I. Assessment of wave energy resource of the Black Sea based on 15-year numerical hindcast data. Applied Energy. 2013 January;101:502–12. Crossref.
- Roxana T, Mallon F, Dias F, Reynaud E.G. The challenging life of wave energy devices at sea: A few points to consider. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2015 March;43:1263–272. Crossref.
- Cordonnier J, Gorintin F, De Cagny A, Clement A.H, Babarit A. SEAREV: Case study of the development of a wave energy converter. Renewable Energy. 2015 August; 80:40–52. Crossref.
- Soumya G, Chakraborty T, Saha S, Majumder M, Pal M. Development of the location suitability index for wave energy production by ANN and MCDM techniques. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.2016 June;59:1017– 1028. Crossref.
- Dalton G.J, Alcorn R, Lewis T. Case study feasibility analysis of the Pelamis wave energy convertor in Ireland, Portugal and North America. Renewable Energy. 2010 February; 35(2):443–55. Crossref.
- Pasquale P, Camporeale S.M. A linearized model for estimating the performance of submerged resonant wave energy converters. Renewable Energy. 2008 April;33(4):631–41. Crossref.
- Arif M, Al Badi M, Al Kahali A, Al Nabhani Y, Al Bahri A, Al Barhi H. 2014 October. Evaluation of renewable energy projects using multi-criteria approach. In Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), IEEE. 2014 December. p.350–55
- Benedicenti L. AHP and Soft Computing for Energy-Aware Decision-Making. In Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA), 30th International Conference on IEEE.2016 March.p.273–75. Crossref.
- H Shao, Fu H. Construction engineering project quality evaluation method based on fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. In Intelligent Transportation, Big Data and Smart City (ICITBS), International Conference on IEEE. 2015 December. p.228–31. Crossref.
- BhonsleJ.S., Junghare. A.S. Application of MCDM-AHP technique for PMU placement in power system. In Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology (CICT), IEEE International Conference on IEEE. February 2015.p.513–17.
- Mogre R D, Amico F. A Decision Framework to Mitigate Supply Chain Risks: An Application in the Offshore-Wind Industry. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 2016; 63(3):316–25. Crossref.
- Chia-WeiHsu C.W, Kuo T.C., Chen S.H, Hu, A.H. Using DEMATEL to develop a carbon management model of supplier selection in green supply chain management. Journal of cleaner production. 2013 October; 56:164–172. Crossref.
- Sang-Bing Tsai S.B, Chien M.F, Xue Y., Li L., Jiang X., Chen Q., Zhou J, Wang L. Using the fuzzy DEMATEL to determine environmental performance: a case of printed circuit board industry in Taiwan. PloS one.2015 January;10(6): 0129153.
- Yi-ChunChen, Lien H.P, Tzeng G.H. Measures and evaluation for environment watershed plans using a novel hybrid MCDM model. Expert systems with applications. 2010 March; 37(2):926–38. Crossref.
- Alibakhsh K, Ghalamchi M, Ahmadi MH, Ghalamchi M. GMDH algorithm for modeling the outlet temperatures of a solar chimney based on the ambient temperature. Mechanics & Industry. 2017;18(2): 216. Crossref.
- Irurzun M. A, Chaparro MA, Sinito AM, Gogorza CS, Lirio JM, Nu-ez H, Nowaczyk NR, Böhnel HN. Preliminary relative palaeo intensity record and chronology on sedimentary cores from Lake Esmeralda (Vega Island, Antarctica). Latimag Letters. 2013;3(6):1–7.
- Moriasi D.N., Arnold J.G, Van Liew M.W., Bingner R.L., Harmel R.D, Veith T.L. Model evaluation guidelines for systematic quantification of accuracy in watershed simulations. Trans. Asabe. 2007; 50(3):885–900. Crossref.
- Rob J.Hyndman, Koehler AB. Another look at measures of forecast accuracy. International journal of forecasting. 2006 December;22(4):679–88. Crossref.
- Willmott C.J., Matsuura K. Advantages of the mean absolute error (MAE) over the root mean square error (RMSE) in assessing average model performance. Climate research. 2005; 30(1):79–82. Crossref.
- Ross H. Design, simulation, and testing of a novel hydraulic power take-off system for the Pelamis wave energy converter. Renewable energy. 2006 February;31(2): 271–83. Crossref.
- Washio Y, Osawa H, Nagata Y, Fujii F, Furuyama H, Fujita T. The offshore floating type wave power device” Mighty Whale”: open sea tests.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.