Total views : 58
Influence of Nuclear Charge Radius Parameterization on the Excitation Function of Nuclear Stopping
The initialization effects on the excitation function of nuclear stopping have been depicted through nuclear charge radii parameterizations within the framework of Isospin-dependent Quantum Molecular Dynamics (IQMD) model. The nuclear reactions of 5828Ni + 5828Ni and 12450 Sn + 12450Sn have been simulated at incident energies between 30 to 1500 MeV/nucleon for two different nuclear charge radii parameterizations (isospin-independent and -dependent) by including as well as excluding the momentum dependent interactions (MDI). Our study reveals that role of change in radius parameterization on nuclear stopping is more emphasized around 400 MeV/nucleon. MDI affects the nuclear stopping at relatively low energy and its role diminishes with increase in energy. Moreover, the isospin-dependent radius parameterization along with MDI is able to reduce the gap between experimental findings of INDRA and ALADIN collaborations and theoretical calculations. General Terms: Models and Codes, Theory of Nuclear Reactions
Heavy-Ion Collisions, Isospin-Dependent Nuclear Charge Radius, IQMD Model, Multifragmentation, Nuclear Reaction Simulation, Nuclear Stopping
- Bauer W. Nuclear stopping at intermediate beam energies.Physical Review Letters. 1988 Nov; 61:2534-7. Crossref.PMid:10039150.
- Hong B. Nuclear stopping at sis energies by using isospin asymmetric nuclear collisions. Nuclear Physics A. 2003; 721:317c-20c. Crossref.
- Lehaut G et al. Study of nuclear stopping in central collisions at intermediate energies. Physical Review Letters.2010; 104:232701. Crossref. PMid:20867230.
- Lopez O et al. In-medium effects for nuclear matter in the Fermi-energy domain. Phys. Rev. C 2014 Dec; 90:064602.Crossref.
- Liu JY et al. Nuclear stopping as a probe for in-medium nucleon-nucleon cross sections in intermediate energy heavy ion collisions. Physical Review Letters. 2001 Feb; 86:975-8. Crossref PMid:11177988.
- Li QF and Li ZX. Isospin effect on nuclear stopping in intermediate energy heavy ion collisions. Chinese Physics Letters. 2002; 19:321-3. Crossref, Crossref
- Kumar S, Kumar S and Puri RK. Effect of symmetry energy on nuclear stopping and its relation to the production of light charged fragments. Physical Review C. 2010; 81:014601. Crossref.
- Jain A, Kumar S and Puri RK. Influence of charge asymmetry and isospin-dependent cross section on nuclear stopping.Physical Review C. 2011 Nov; 84:057602. Crossref.
- Vinayak KS and Kumar S. Effect of density-dependent symmetry energy on nuclear stopping. Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics. 2012 July; 39:095105.
- Ngo H and Ngo Ch. Calculation of the real part of the interaction potential between two heavy ions in the sudden approximation. Nuclear Physics A. 1980 Apr; 348:140.Crossref.
- Nerlo-Pomorska B and Pomorski K. Isospin dependence of nuclear radius. Zeitschrift fur Physik A. 1993 Dec; 344:35961. Crossref.
- Nerlo-Pomorska B and Pomorski K. Simple formula of nuclear charge radius. Zeitschrift fur Physik A. 1994 Jan; 348:169-72. Crossref
- Myers WD and Swiatecki WJ. Nucleus-nucleus proximity potential and super heavy nuclei. Physical Review C. 2000 Sep; 62:044610. Crossref.
- Zhan SQ et al. Isospin and Z1/3-dependene of the nuclear charge radii. The European Physical Journal A. 2002 Jan; 13:285-9. Crossref.
- Denisov VY. Interaction potential between heavy ions.Physics Letters B. 2002 Feb; 526:315-21. Crossref.
- Royer G and Rousseau R. On the liquid drop model mass formulae and charge radii. The European Physical Journal A. 2009 Mar; 42:541-5. Crossref.
- Bohr A and Mottelson B. New York, Amsterdam: W. A.Benjamin Inc.: Nuclear Structure . 1969; 1:268.
- Angeli I. A consistent set of nuclear rms charge radii: properties of the radius surface R (N, Z). Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables. 2004 May; 87:185-206. Crossref.
- Angeli I and Marinova KP. Table of experimental nuclear ground state charge radii: An update. Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables. 2013; 99:69-95. Crossref.
- Dutt I and Puri RK. Comparison of different proximity potentials for asymmetric colliding nuclei. Phys. Rev. C 2010 Jun; 81:064609. Crossref.
- Bansal R, Gautam S, Puri RK and Aichelin J. Role of structural effects on the collective transverse flow and the energy of vanishing flow in nuclear collisions. Physical Review C.2013 Jun; 87:061602(R). Crossref.
- Gautum S. Effect of isospin dependence of radius on transverse flow and fragmentation in isobaric pairs. Physical Review C. 2013 Nov; 88:057603. Crossref.
- Sangeeta, Jain A, Kumar S. Influence of isospin dependent nuclear charge radii on fragmentation in heavy ion collisions.Nuclear Physics A. 2014 May; 927:220-31. Crossref.
- Sangeeta. Initialization effects via nuclear charge radii parameterizations on the nuclear stopping and++ its relation to distribution and production of light mass fragments.Acta Physica Polonica B. 2016 Mar; 47:991-6. Crossref.
- Sangeeta. Structural effects through nuclear charge radius in mass asymmetric collisions. Acta Physica Polonica B.2016 Mar; 48, in press.
- Kumar S and Kumar S. Systematic study on system size dependence of global stopping: Role of momentum-dependent interactions and symmetry energy. Chinese Physics Letters. 2010; 27(6):062504.
- Hartnack C et al. Modelling the many-body dynamics of heavy ion collisions: Present status and future perspective.The European Physical Journal A. 1998; 1:151-69. Crossref.
- Hartnack C et al. Strangeness production close to the threshold in proton-nucleus and heavy-ion collisions.Physics Reports. 2012; 510:119-200. Crossref.
- Singh J, Kumar S and Puri RK. Momentum dependent interactions and the asymmetry of the reaction: Multifragmentation as an example. Physical Review C. 2001 Apr; 63:054603. Crossref.
- Renfordt RE. Stopping power and collective flow of nuclear matter in the reaction Ar+Pb at 0.8 GeV/u. 1984.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.