Total views : 33
To Improve the Voltage Profile of Distribution System with the Optimal Placement of Capacitor
The demand of electricity is increasing very rapidly, with this increase in demand the burden on power system is increasing to meet this increasing demand, but it is very challenging because, the power system which we are using is aradial bus distribution system. The main problem while using redial system as a distribution network is the voltage drop which distorts the voltage profile of whole network. The primary cause of reduction of system voltage is, a huge amount of reactive power requirement of the load, because a large part of load is inductive. Around 13% of the generated power is wasted during transmission of power, so it is very necessary to improve voltage profile and to increase the efficiency of the network to prevent this loss of power. The PSO approach has been implemented to improve the voltage profile by optimizing the location of capacitor and to find its size. This test has been performed on the IEEE 33-bus and 66-bus radial distribution system which is designed with the use of MATLAB Software. The maximum number of capacitor units appropriate for the improvement for voltage profile is also checked in this work.
Bibliography Review, Distribution System, Optimal Placement of Capacitor, Optimization Technique PSO, MATLAB
- Federico J, Gonzalez V, Lyra C. Learning classifiers shape reactive power to decrease losses in power distribution networks. Proceedings IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting. 2005; 1:557–62.
- Baran ME, Wu FF. Network reconfiguration in distribution systems for loss reduction and load balancing. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1989; 4(2):1401–7. Crossref
- Haque M.H. Efficient load flow method for distribution systems with radial or mesh configuration. IEE Proceedings Generation, Transmission and Distribution.1996; 143(l):33–8. Crossref
- Nojavan S, Jalali M, Zare K. Optimal allocation of capacitors in redial/ mesh distribution system using mixed integer nonlinear programming approach. International Journal Electric Power System Resources. 2014; 107:119– 24. Crossref
- Tagare DM. Reactive power management. McGraw Hills; 2000.
- Shuaib YM, Kalavathi MS, Rajan CCA. Optimal capacitor placement in redial distribution system using gravitational search algorithm. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2015; 64:384–97. Crossref
- Khan NA, Ghoshal SK, Ghosh S. Optimal allocation of distributed generation and shunt capacitors for the reduction of total voltage deviation and total line loss in radial distribution system using binary collective animal behavior optimization algorithm. International Journal of Electric Power Components and Systems. 2015; 43:119–33. Crossref
- Baran ME, Wu FF. Optimal sizing of capacitors placed on a radial distribution system. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery. 1989; 4(1):735–43. Crossref
- Acharya N, Mahat. P, Mithulananthan N. An analytical approach for DG allocation in primary distribution network. Electrical Power and Energy System. 2006; 28(10):669–78. Crossref
- Ricardo P. Review Article-Analysis of the Publications on the Applications of Particle Swarm Optimization. Journal of Artificial Evolution and Applications; 2008. p.10–15.
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R. Particle Swarm Optimization.Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks. 1995; 4:1942–8. Crossref
- Abdelaziz AY, Ali ES, Adb Elazim SM. Optimal sizing and locations of capacitors in radial distribution systems via flower pollination optimization algorithm and power loss index. Engineering Science and Technology. 2016; 19:610– 18. Crossref
- Li X, Deb K. Comparing lbest PSO Niching algorithms using different position update rules. Proceedings of the IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Spain; 2010. p. 1564–71. Crossref
- Kashem MA, Ganapathy V, Jasmon GB, Buhari MI. A novel method for loss minimization in distribution networks.International Conference on Electric Utility Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technology, London; 2000.p. 251–6. Crossref
- Baran ME, Wu FF. Optimal sizing of capacitor placed on Radial distribution systems. IEEE Transaction PWRD.1989; 4:735–43. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.