Total views : 60
Emerging Technologies and their Impact on the Libraries
Objectives: Applications of new technologies in different areas of libraries, Changes in library system with the emergence of new technologies, Areas where new technologies applied, Problems in implementing new technologies. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: For the present study review of literature, personal observation as well as interview method is adopted. Visited some libraries in the near about areas and observe them and talk with their officials. Findings: Modern libraries are very rapidly adapted to the new technologies. With the help of web technologies, these can be access from anywhere, any time. Even then these advancements libraries are not properly working and adopting to it, because of many problems like money, unskilled library staff etc. There are very few libraries in Punjab which are fully automated even today. Application/Improvements: New technologies have come in the field of library science and are implementing in the different sections of the libraries. But due to some problems these technologies are not properly applied in all the libraries.
Emerging Technologies, Networking of Libraries, ICT, RFID, Web OPAC
- Kumar PSG. Information technology application. New Delhi: B R Publishing Corporation; 2004.
- Asari, Ravinderan K. IT for librarians. I K International; 2009.
- Mathew C. Current trends in library services. Cyber Tech Publications; 2011.
- Kochar RS. Library science today. New Delhi: Discovery Publishing House; 1990.
- Sharma, Pandey SK. Library computerization: Theory practice.New Delhi: ESS Publications; 1993.
- Rao MK. Digital libraries: Challenges, opportunities and implications. Society for Information Science Conference (SIS 2004); IIT Madras, Chennai. 2004.
- Bolan K, Canada M, Cullin R. Web, Library, and Teen Services 2.0. Young Adult Library Services; 2007. p. 40–3.
- Mittal A. Innovations in IT: Changing scenario of library management. Gupta S, editor. Research and Technology Innovative Ingressions; 2011. p. 247–55.
- Baruha A, editor. Computer networking in libraries. New Delhi: Kalpaz Publication; 2002.
- Mittal A. RFID: A complete security system for libraries kataria, Sanjay, Paul, John, Anbu K, Shri R, editor.Emerging Technologies and Changing Dimensions of Libraries and Information Services (ETTLIS). New Delhi: KBD Publication; 2010. p. 327–31.
- Molnar D, Wagner D. Privacy and security in library RFID Issues, practices and architectures. CCS’04; 2004 Oct 25-29.Washington DC, USA.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.