Total views : 64
SSAAR: Enhanced Spatial Reusability for Optimal Path Selection in Wireless Sensor Networks
The advancements made in the wireless sensor networks have enabled the research communities to delve into the study of spatial reusability concepts. Due to the restricted capacity in wireless links, it is a significant to select the optimal route for packet transmission. The achievement of optimal route selection is verified by the high end-to-end throughput rate. Routing in WSNs is very challenging due to the inherent characteristics that distinguish these networks from other wireless networks like mobile ad hoc networks or cellular networks. In this paper, we have proposed an improved spatial reusability process using Single Path and Anypath Routing Protocols (SSAAR). The task of single path routing is to minimize the cost of the nodes in wireless links, whereas the task of any path routing is to assists the intermediate node who overhears the packet to participate in packet forwarding. Experimental results have shown the efficacy of our proposed work in terms of cost minimization functionalities.
Cost Minimization, Packet Forwarding, Single Path and Anypath Routing Protocols, Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Links
- Tong Meng et. al. Spatial reusability-aware routing in multihop wireless networks, IEEE Transactions on Computers.2016; 65(1). Crossref.
- Adya A., Bahl P., Padhye J., Wolman A., Zhou L. A multi radio unification protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless networks, Proc.1st Int. Conf. Broadband Netw. 2004; p. 344−54. Crossref.
- Broch J., Maltz D.A., Johnson D.B., Hu Y.-C., Jetcheva J.G.A performance comparison of multi-hop wireless ad hoc network routing protocols, Proc. 4th Annu. ACM/IEEE Int.Conf. Mobile Comput. Netw. 1998, p. 85−97.
- Chachulski S., Jennings M., Katti S., Katabi D. Trading structure for randomness in wireless opportunistic routing, Proc. SIGCOMM Conf. Appl., Technol., Archit. Protocols Comput. Commun., 2007.
- Johnson D.B., Maltz D.A. Dynamic source routing in adhoc wireless networks, Mobile Comput., 1992; 353:153−81.
- Perkins C.E., Bhagwat P. Highly dynamic Destination Sequenced Distance-Vector (DSDV) routing for mobile computers, Proc. Conf. Commun. Archit., Protocols Appl., 1994, p. 234−44.
- Laufer R.P., Dubois-Ferriere H., Kleinrock L.Multirateanypath routing in wireless mesh networks, Proc.
- INFOCOM, 2009, p. 37−45.
- Lin Y., Li B., Liang B. Codeor: Opportunistic routing in wireless mesh networks with segmented network coding, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Netw. Protocols, 2008, p. 13−22.
- Kim T.S., Hou J.C., Lim H. Improving spatial reuse through tuning transmits power, carrier sense threshold, and data rate in multihop wireless networks, Proc. 12th Annu. Int.Conf. Mobile Comput. Netw., 2006, p. 366−77. Crossref.
- Draves R., Padhye J., Zill B. Routing in multi-radio, multihop wireless mesh networks, Proc. 10th Annu. Int. Conf.Mobile Comput. Netw., 2004, p. 114−28.
- Jones N.M., Shrader B., Modiano E. Optimal routing and scheduling for a simple network coding scheme, Proc.INFOCOM, 2012, p. 352–60. Crossref.
- Kim T.-S., Hou J.C., Lim H. Improving spatial reuse through tuning transmit power, carrier sense threshold, and data rate in multihop wireless networks, MOBICOM, 2006.
- Laufer R.P., Dubois-Ferri`ere H., Kleinrock L. Multirate anypath routing in wireless mesh networks, INFOCOM, 2009.
- Lin Y., Li B., Liang B. Codeor: Opportunistic routing in wireless mesh networks with segmented network coding, ICNP, 2008.
- Padhye J., Agarwal S. Padmanabhan V.N., Qiu L., Rao A., Zill B. Estimation of link interference in static multi-hop wireless networks, Internet Measurment Conference, 2005.Crossref.
- Pan M., Zhang C., Li P., Fang Y. Joint routing and link scheduling for cognitive radio networks under uncertain spectrum supply, INFOCOM, 2011.
- Perkins C.E., Belding-Royer E.M. Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing, WMCSA , 1999.18. Perkins C.E., Bhagwat P. Highly dynamic destinationsequenced distance-vector (DSDV) routing for mobile computers, SIGCOMM, 1994.
- Radunovic B., Gkantsidis C., Key P.B., Rodriguez P. An optimization framework for opportunistic multipath routing in wireless mesh networks, INFOCOM, 2008.
- Rahul H., Hassanieh H., Katabi D. Sourcesync: A distributed wireless architecture for exploiting sender diversity, SIG-COMM, 2010.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.