Total views : 36
Square Patch Antenna with Fractal DGS for Band Notch Function
In this article a simple and small size wideband square patch antenna has been examined for band notch characteristics. In order to broadening the band width of the simple patch antenna, the role of partial ground has been critically studied and analyzed. The presented methodology reveals that the implementation of meander line fractal shaped defected ground structure not only augment the band width of the antenna but also provide a notched band at 12.14 GHz required to reject the interference for existing wireless communication. A prototype of the proposed antenna has been fabricated to validate the simulated results. The measured and simulated results are in good agreement.
Band Notch, DGS, Meander Line, Microstrip Patch Antenna
- Zheng ZA, Chu QX. “Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2009; 11:83–91. Crossref
- Fallahi R. A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with bandnotched characteristics. Progress in Electromagnetics Research. 2008; 82:127–36. Crossref
- Tu S, Jiao YC, Song Y, Yang B, Wang XZ. A novel monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB application. Progressi Electromagnetics Research Letters.2009; 10:49–57. Crossref
- Sadat S, Houshmand M. Design of a microstrip square-slot antenna labeled by an H-shaped slot for UB applications.Progress In Electromagnetics Research. 2007; 70:191–8.Crossref
- Rani S, Singh AP. On the design and optimization of new fractal antenna using PSO. International Journal of Electronics. 2012; 100(10):1383–97. Crossref
- Rani S, Singh AP. modified koch fractal antenna with asymmetrical ground plane for multi and UWB applications.International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics. 2013; 4:259–67.
- Xu F, Tang L, Chen X, Wang XA. Active UWB printed antenna with tuneable and switchable band-notched functions.Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2012; 30: 21–8.Crossref
- Jan J, Su J. Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide slot antenna with a rotated slot. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2005; 53(6): 2111–4. Crossref
- Ren LS, Li F, Zhao JJ, Zhao G, Jiao YC. A novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.2/5.8 Ghz triple band-notched characteristics. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2010; 16:131–9. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.