Total views : 24
Studies on the Effect of Superstrate Loading on Artificial Magnetic Conductor Characteristics
Objectives: To study the effect of superstrate loading on the performance of artificial magnetic conductor. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The simulation studies on the effect of superstrate loading are carried out by using CST MW Studio-2016. For performance evaluation, the structure is fabricated by photolithography and the measurements are carried out in an anechoic environment using vector network analyzer R&S VNA ZVB 20. Findings: The characteristics of an AMC structure fabricated on a substrate can be altered by loading an appropriate superstrate. The thickness of the superstrate is an important factor which influences the AMC resonance frequency as well as its bandwidth. The structure presented here is polarization independent with good angular stability up to ±300. Application/Improvements: By imparting losses into the superstrate, the performance of AMC can be changed to an absorber or perfect conductor depending upon the loss.
AMC Absorber, Artificial Magnetic Conductor, Bandwidth, Polarization Independence, Superstrate Loading
- Sievenpiper D, Zhang L, Broas RFJ, Alexopolous NG, Yablonovitch E. High impedance electromagnetic surfaces in a forbidden frequency band. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 1999; 47(11):2059–74. Crossref
- Costa F, Monorchio A, Manara G. Analysis and design of ultrathin electromagnetic absorbers comprising resistively loaded high impedance surfaces. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2010; 58(5):1551–8. Crossref
- Kelly JR, Kokkinos T, Feresidis AP. Analysis and design of sub-wavelength resonant cavity type 2-D leaky-wave antennas. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2008; 56(9):2817–25. Crossref
- Sievenpiper D, Schaffner J. Beam steering microwave reflector based on electrically tunable impedance surface. Electronic Letters. 2002; 38(21):1237–8. Crossref
- Costa F, Monorchio A, Talarico S, Valeri FM. An active high impedance surface for low profile tunable and steerable antennas. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2008; 7:676–80. Crossref
- Costa F, Monorchio A, Vastante GP. Tunable high-impedance surface with a reduced number of varactors. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:11–3. Crossref
- Kern DJ, Werner DH, Monorchio A, Lanuzza L, Wilhelm MJ . The design synthesis of multiband magnetic conductors using high impedance frequency selective surfaces. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2005; 53(1):8–17. Crossref
- Wang XC, Zhao WS, Hu J, Yin WY. Reconfigurable terahertz leaky-wave antenna using graphene-based highimpedance surface. IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology. 2015; 14(1):62–9. Crossref
- Mckinzie WE III, Hurtado R, Klimczak W. Artificial magnetic conductor technology reduces size and weight for precision GPS antennas. Institute on Navigation National Technical Meeting; San Diego CA. 2002. p. 448–459.
- Computer Simulation Technology. 2016.
- Mol VAHL, Sasikumar SP, George DM, Lindo AO, Pushkaran NK, Aanandan CK. Radar cross section reduction property of high impedance surface on a lossy dielectric. Progress in Electromagnetic Research M. 2016; 46:19–28. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.