Total views : 55
Effective Software Installation for Embedded Software by Applying the Reverse Engineering Approach
Background/Objectives: Reverse Engineering of Electronic Programme Resources (EPR) is the process of reading the binary data from the files having “.bin” extension and presented in a well-structured format. Method/Analysis: The resources used with the EP resources are text, pictures, colors and UI controls, each of these are stored in XML format then converted to .bin extension files to be flashed on an embedded device. If the developer wishes to see the contents, it is very difficult to analyze the format as well as the data, as it is in binary format and needs an expert to interpret it. Findings: The required concept can be shown visually by which developer will know the format readily, and this work tries to satisfy the requirement of analyzing the binary format for heterogeneous multimedia embedded software systems. Applications/Improvements: The research introduced can be applied to any software binaries that are to be flashed on an embedded device obtaining the necessary binary format.
Binary Data, Binary Format, Bin Generator and Widgets, EP Resources, Reverse Engineering
- Foster E, Endicott NY. Design of a Set-Top Box System on a Chip. IBM Research, EEE Computer Society. 1999; p. 608.
- Fowler M, Scott K. MA: Addison-Wesley: UML Distilled: Applying the Standard Object Modeling Language. 1997.
- HHD software products. Available from: http://www.hhdsoftware.com/doc/hex-editor/getting-started-with-hexeditorneo-documentation-road-map.html. Date accessed: 05/05/2014.
- Lee H, Ferguson P, Gurrin C, Smeaton AF, O’Connor NE. Silicon Valley, California, USA: Balancing the Power of Multimedia Information Retrieval and Usability in Designing Interactive TV. 2008 Oct; p. 1-10.
- Janet G. Luxembourg: Infomedia SA: Data Preparation for Interactive Electronic Program Guides. 1996; p. 12-16, Conference Publication No. 428.
- Han J, Han I, Park HR. Daejeon, Korea: IEEE Publication: User-Configurable Personalized Mosaic Electronic Program Guide, Home Network Group, ETRI. 2008; p. 1-2.
- Rutledge L, Bailey B, Ossenbruggen JV, Hardman L, Geurts J. Generating Presentation Constraints from Rhetorical Structure. San Antonio, TX: Hypertext. 2000; p. 19-28. Crossref.
- Sahaj Computer Solutions. Object-oriented-systemsdevelopmentlife-cycle. 2011; p. 1-51.
- Jain P. Towards The Adoption of Modern Software Development Approach: Component Based Software Engineering. Indian Journal of Science and Engineering. 2016 Aug; 9(32):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.