Total views : 84
Effectiveness of Rotavator towards Cleaner Environment and Enhanced Agricultural Productivity
Objectives: To check the effect of various methods used for seedbed preparation namely manually prepared seedbed and seedbed prepared by using rotavator, also for the use of organic fertilizer and chemical fertilizers on Pigeon Pea crop production. Method/Approach: In this experiment the entire 9 acre land is divided into 18 equal plots. The combination of seedbed preparation and fertilizers are finalised in 9 different categories. Two plots were selected randomly for each combination of seedbed preparation and fertilizer for the experiment, and the final product is combined to measure the total output and to compare which is the best combination. The chemical fertilizer used is divided into three categories according to their proportion one is as per the guidelines of Ministry of Agriculture, central government, India; i.e. 50kg per acre, other quantity is much lesser than the guidelines i.e. 35kg per acre and last one is according to actual farmers practice in the region i.e. 65kg per acre. The quantity of organic fertilizer used is 45kg per acre and 60kg per acre for both seedbed preparations were done by manually and by using rotavator. Findings/Observations: The maximum production of Pigeon Pea of 814kg was obtained from plot whose seedbed is prepared by using rotavator and organic fertilizer followed by 802 kg from the plot whose seedbed is prepared by using rotavator and chemical fertilizer was used. The minimum Pigeon Pea production of 690kg was obtained from the plot whose seedbed was prepared manually and chemical fertilizer was used. Applications/ Improvements: Use of rotavator for seedbed preparation for sowing and organic fertilizers can be used for every conventional as well as cash crop. Seedbed preparation by using rotavator gives better pulverisation which affects in higher crops productivity also organic fertilizers eliminates the chances of soil and water pollution which results in achieving higher benefit to cost ratio for farmers.
Chemical Fertilizer, Organic Fertilizer, Productivity, Rotavator, Soil and Water Pollution
- Serpil S. Investigation of effect of chemical fertilizers on environment.APCBEE Procedia.2012;1:287–92. Crossref
- Galloway J N, Aber J D, Erisman J W, Seitzinger S P, Howarth R W, Cowling E B,Cosby B J. The nitrogen cascad. Bio Science. 2003 April; 53 (4):341–56. Crossref
- Ullah M S, Islam M S, Islam M A, Haque T. Effects of organic manures and chemical fertilizers on the yield of brinjal and soil properties. Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University. 2008; 6(2):271–76.
- Reinecke S A, Reinecke A J. Earthworms as test organisms in eco toxicological assessment of toxicant impacts on ecosystems.Earthworm Ecology. CRC Press. 2004.P. 299–20.
- Belagali S L, Divya J. Effect of extensive use of chemical fertilizers on phosphate and nitrate enrichment in water sources of selected agricultural areas of T.Narasipura Taluk, Mysore district, Karnataka, India. Proceeding of International Conference SWRDM. 2012.p 43–47.
- Tirado R, Krishna G. Chemical fertilisers in our water: An analysis of nitrates in the groundwater in Punjab. Greenpeace India Society.2009Nov.p.1–12.
- Dubey V, Patel A K, Shukla A, Shukla S, Singh S. Impact of continuous use of chemical fertilizer. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development.2012 Sep; 3(11):13–16.
- Matani A G, Doifode S K. Effective industrial waste utilization technologies towards cleaner environment. International Journal of Chemical and Physical Sciences. 2015 Jan;4 (1):536–40
- Rai N, Rathore D S, Ashiya P. Comparative study of the effect of organic fertilizer and chemical fertilizer on Eiseniafoetida. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. 2014 May; 3 (5):12991–998.
- Matani A G, Ahmad K F. Energy audit analysis enhancing energy conservation in foundry industries by minimizing heat losses in induction furnaces. Indian. Journal of Science & Technology. 2017 May;10(20): 1–7. Crossref
- Huang G. Planning for interrogative management of wastewater disposal, irrigation water supply and fertilizer use: A Case study in arid land of China. Journal of Water Resource and Protection. 2017 April;9 (5):482–92. Crossref
- Gebrehiwot K A, Gebrewahid M G. The need for agricultural water management in Sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of Water Resource and Protection. 2016 Aug; 8 (9): 835–43. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.