Total views : 1416
2x2 Array of Circular Patches on LiTiZn Ferrite Substrate
Rectangular array of four elements of microstrip circular patches modeled on LiTiZn ferrite substrate is presented. Here we have considered LiTiZn ferrite as a substrate which has been synthesized by the solid state reaction technique (SSRT). In this paper we present a comparison of radiation pattern and other parameters when the antenna array is biased perpendicularly with varying magnetic field. The array antenna using LiTiZn with magnetic biasing, reports a reduction of radiation of side-lobes with increased directivity with better radiation power response.
Substituted Ferrite, Microstrip Array Antenna, X-band Frequency Range
- Pozar DM (1992) Radiation and scattering characteristic of microstrip antenna on normally biased ferrite substrate. IEEE Trans., AP-40, 1084-1092.
- Batchelor JC and Langley RJ (1997) Beam scanning using microstrip line on biased ferrite. Electr. Lett. 33, 8.
- Pourush PKS et al. (2000) Microstrip scanned array antenna on YIG ferrite substrate. Proc. Intl. Symp. on Antennas & Propagation, Japan.
- Bharadwaj V, Tiwari V, Sharma KB, Saxena VK, Saini JS and Bhatnagar D (2001) Radiation from switchable ferrite based equilateral triangular microstrip antenna. Proc. Natl. Conf. on Microwaves, A&P (Jaipur).
- Pourush PKS and Dixit L (1998) Wide-Band scanned array of microstrip antenna on ferrite substrate. Indian J. Physics. 73(B), 485-492.
- Van Uitert LG (1956) Dielectric Properties and Conductivity in Ferrites. Proc. IRE, 44(10), 1294-1303.
- Paladino AE, Waug JS, Green JJ and Booth AE (1966). Fine-Grain Nickel Ferrite for Microwave Applications at High Peak-Power Levels J. Appl. Phys. 37, 3371-3377.
- Pran Kishan D, Sagar R, Chatterjee SN, Nagpaul LK, Kumar N and Laroia KK (1985). Optimization of Bi2O3 Contents and its role in Sintering of Lithium Ferrite. Adv in Ceramics. 16, p. 207.
- Randhawa BS, Dosanjh HS and Nitendar Kumar (2007) Synthesis of lithium ferrite by precursor and combustion methods: a comparative study. J. Radio Anal. Nuclear Chemistry. 274(3), 581-591.
- Sodha MS and Srivastav’s NC (1981) Microwave propagation in Ferrimagnetics. Plenum Press, NY.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.