Total views : 1187
A Comprehensive Method for Optimum Sizing of Hybrid Energy Systems using Intelligence Evolutionary Algorithms
Exhibition a comprehensive method for optimum sizing of hybrid energy systems using intelligence evolutionary algorithms is performed in this paper. The aim of the method is to find the optimum sizes of the hybrid energy systems among the numerous configurations to reach the expected reliability and the lowest LCE. In this respect, the mathematical model of each component is represented and the components are simulated by means of a comprehensive energy management strategy. Ability to comprise reliability constraints is another outstanding trait of this model. After formulation of the cost function consists of investment and operation cost of proposed hybrid system including reliability constraints, GA and PSO are applied to optimize the cost function. This model can be implemented to such hybrid energy systems with other configurations too. Proficiency of the presented model is shown by means of the results of the simulations implemented via actual weather details from Shiraz weather data.
Evolutionary Algorithms, Hybrid Energy System, Optimization, Power Management, Reliability
- Jalilzadeh S, Kord H et al. (2010). Optimization and techno-economic analysis of autonomous photovoltaic/fuel cell energy system, ECTI Transactions on Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communications, vol 8(2), 118-125.
- Kord H, and Rouhani A (2009). An integrated hybrid power supply for off-grid applications fed by wind-photovoltaic-fuel cell energy systems, 24th International Power System Conference (PSC), Iran.
- Jalilvand S, Kord H et al. (2009). Design, control and energy management of a hybrid photovoltaic-wind-fuel cell for stand-alone applications, 14th Electrical Power Distribution Conference (EPDC), Iran.
- Agbossou K, Kolhe M et al. (2004). Performance of a stand-alone renewable energy system based on energy storage as hydrogen, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol 19(3), 633-640.
- Bonanno F, Consoli A et al. (1999). Transient analysis of integrated diesel-wind-photovoltaic generation systems, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol 14(2).
- Diaf S, Diaf D et al. (2007). A methodology for optimal sizing of autonomous hybrid PV/wind system, Energy Policy, vol 35(11), 5708-5718.
- Zhou T, and Francoisn B, (2009). Modeling and control design of hydrogen production process for an active hydrogen/wind hybrid power system, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol 34, 21-30.
- Ipsakisa D, Voutetakis S et al. (2009). Power management strategies for a stand-alone power system using renewable energy sources and hydrogen storage, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 7081-7095.
- Samaras Z, and Zafeiris D (2007). Optimization of a wind-power fuel cell hybrid system in an autonomous electrical network environment, International Journal of Renewable Energy, vol 32, 57-79.
- Wang C, and Nehrir M H (2008). Power management of a stand-alone wind/photovoltaic/fuel cell energy system, IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, vol 23(3), 957-967.
- Kolokotsa D et al. (2006). Methodology for optimal sizing of stand-alone photovoltaic/wind/generator systems using genetic algorithms, International Journal of Solar Energy, vol 80(9), 1072-1088.
- Markvard T (2000). Solar Electricity, Chapter IV: Photovoltaic system engineering 2nd Edn., John Willey, USA.
- Habib M A, Said S et al. (1999). Optimization procedure of a hybrid photovoltaic/wind energy system, Energy, vol 24(11), 919-929.
- Duffie J A, and Beckman W A (1991). Solar Engineering of Thermal Process, Chapter 10: System thermal calculations 2nd Edn., John Wiley, New York.
- Chedid R, and Saliba Y (1996). Optimization and control of autonomous renewable energy systems, International Journal of Energy Research, vol 20(7), 609-624.
- Shakyaa B D, Ayea L et al. (2005). Technical feasibility and financial analysis of hybrid wind-photovoltaic system with hydrogen storage for Cooma, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol 30(1), 9-20.
- Garcia R S, and Weisser D (2006). A wind/diesel system with hydrogen storage: Joint optimization of design and dispatch, IEEE International Conference on Renewable Energy, vol 31(14), 2296-2320.
- Lagorse J, Simo˜es M G et al. (2008). Energy cost analysis of a solar-hydrogen hybrid energy system for stand-alone applications, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol 33(12), 2871-2879.
- Pattipati B, Pattipati K et al. (2008). Automotive Battery Management Systems, IEEE Autotestcon, 581-586.
- Lu Y, Burnett L et al. (2002). Investigation on wind power potential on Hong Kong islands-an analysis of wind power and wind turbine characteristics, International Journal of Renewable Energy, vol 27(1), 1-12.
- Bogdan S B, and Salameh Z M (1996). Methodology for optimally sizing the combination of a battery bank and PV array in a wind/PV hybrid system, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol 11(2), 367-375.
- Bin A, Hongxing Y et al. (2003). Computer aided design for PV/Wind hybrid system, International Journal of Renewable Energy, vol 28, 1491-1512.
- Athanasia A L, and Anastassios D P (2000). The economics of PV standalone residential households: a case study for various European and Mediterranean locations, International Journal of Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol 62, 411-427.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.