Total views : 787
A Detailed Study on the Milk Supply Chain Process
The concept of supply chain management is becoming a more strategic than a transactional methodology in nature. The need for incorporating a more integrated perspective of how products and processes have to go in hand with the strategic decisions to enhance competitive advantage has been amplified. The purpose of this paper is to provide a better understanding of how this alignment should be done.
After having a thorough review and synthesizing the important findings from existing literature, an integrated framework is derived that highlights how products should be best matched with their production and logistics processes.
Agile Production, Lean Production, Operation Management, Supply Chain Management
- Berlitz HD, Grosch W. Food chemistry. 2nd ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag; 1999.
- Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Food. Naturally Ireland: a guide to agriculture, fisheries and food. 2007 [cited 2007 Oct 30]. Available from: http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmingsectors/dairy/
- Connolly L. et al. National farm survey 2005. [cited 2007 Apr 23].
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. Annual review and outlook for agriculture and food 2006/2007. [cited 2008 Feb 14]. Available from: http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/publicat/publications2007/aro/aro_ english.pdf
- Shapses SA, Heshka S, Heymsfield SB. Effect of calcium supplementation on weight and fat loss in women. J Clin Endocrinol Metabolism. 2004; 89:632–7.
- Schrander JJ, van den Bogart JP, Forget PP, Schrander-Stumpel CT, Kuijten RH, Kester AD. Cows’ milk protein intolerance in infants < 1 year of age: a prospective epidemiological study. Eur J Pediatr. 1993; 152(8): 640–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.