Total views : 671
Character Association Trend among Yield Attributing Traits in Pigeonpea [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp.]
Background/Objectives: To understand the nature and magnitude of character association relationships in segregating and non-segregating populations. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Phenotypic correlation coefficient of parents, F1s and F2s was calculated following formulae given by Panse and Sukhatme, (1967). Results/Findings: In case of parents and F1s, only pods per plant were positively and significantly associated with seed yield whereas in segregating populations (F2s), plant height, pods per plant and seeds per pod revealed positively significant associations with seed yield. Conclusion/Application: From the findings it is suggested that during selection, due weightage should be given for Plant height, number of pods per plant and seeds per pod by taking care of number of secondary branches, 100-seed weight and harvest index for isolating high yielding genotypes in pigeonpea.
Correlation, Character, Pigeonpea, Yield
- Panse VG, Shukhatme PV. Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers (2nd Ed). ICAR, Publications, New Delhi. 1967.
- Yerimani AS, Mehetre S, Kharde MN. Association Analysis for Yield and its Component Traits in F3 and F4 Populations of Pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan (L.) Mill Sp.). Molecular Plant Breeding. 2013; 4(23):189–95.
- Sharma R, Gangwar RK, Yadav V. A Study on Genetic Variability and Correlation in Pigeon Pea [Cajanus cajan (L) Millsp.]. International Journal of Science and Research. 2014; 3(9):826–8.
- Kumara BN, Santoshagowda GB, Nishanth GK, Dharmaraj PS. Genetic diversity, variability and correlation studies in advanced genotypes of Pigeonpea [Cajanuscajan (L.) Millsp.]. Acta Biologica Indica. 2013; 2(2):406–11.
- Rao PJM, Malathi S, Reddy DVV, Upender M. Genetic Studies of Association and Path Coefficient Analysis of Yield and its Component Traits in Pigeon Pea (Cajanus Cajan L. Millsp.). International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013; 3(8):1–5.
- Vijayalakshmi P, Anuradha C, Pavankumar D, Sreelaxmi A, Anuradha G. Path Coefficient and Correlation response for Yield Attributes in Pigeon Pea (Cajanas cajan L.). International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013; 3(4):1–6.
- Udensi1 O, Ikpeme1 EV. Correlation and Path Coefficient Analyses of Seed Yield and its Contributing Traits in Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 2012; 2(3):351–8.
- Chetukuri A, Vijayalakshmi P, Bhargavi V, Kumar DP, Sreelaxmi A, Siddiq EA. Correlation, Variability and Heritability in Pigeon Pea. Advances in Bioresearch. 2013; l4(2):129–34.
- Saroj SK, Singh MN, Kumar R, Singh T, Singh MK. Genetic variability, correlation and path analysis for yield attributes in pigeonpea. The Bioscan. 2013; 8(3):941–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.