Total views : 838
A Hybrid Key Management Approach for Secure Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless Sensor Networks(WSN) used in a variety of applications are usually unattended in nature and are highly susceptible to attacks such as eavesdropping, hardware tampering and false messages. For secure communication among the nodes, Secret key cryptography is used since it provides high security with low computing power. Existing key management schemes does not guarantee the level of security and network performance. To handle such problems, random seed distribution with transitory cluster key, a hybrid approach is used which is the integration of both random key distribution and the transitory master key. The security analysis shows that our approach provides enhanced resilience and better connectivity by establishing secure channels among the communicating nodes in a hierarchical clustered wireless sensor network. It over persuades the state-of-the-art protocols by providing always the best security features.
Key Management, Secure Communication, Transitory Master Key, Wireless Sensor Network(WSN)
- Kwon T, Hong J. Learning on the job: Secure and Efficient Broadcast Authentication in Wireless Sensor Networks.IEEE Transactions on Computing. 2010 Jun 24; 59(8):1120–33.
- Khan AS, Fisal N, Bakar ZA, Salawu N, Maqbool W, Ullah R, Safdar H. Secure Authentication and Key Management Protocols for Mobile Multihop WiMAX Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(3):282–95.
- Klaoudatou E, Konstantinou E, Kambourakis G, Gritzalis S. A Survey on Cluster-Based Group Key Agreement Protocols for WSNs. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials. 2011; 13(3).
- Zhang J, Varadharajan V. Learning on the job: Wireless sensor network key management survey and taxonomy.Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2010 Mar;33(2):63–75.
- Varma AGNS, Reddy AKG, Theja RY, Arunkumar T. Cluster Based Multipath Dynamic Routing (CBDR) Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2):17–22.
- Simplicio-Jr MA, Barreto PS, Margi CB, Carvalho TC. A survey on key management mechanisms for distributed wireless sensor networks. Computer Networks. 2010 Oct 28; 54(15):2591–612.
- Shang F, Abolhasan M, Wysocki T. An Energy-Efficient adaptive Clustering Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Information Acquisition.2009; 6(2):117–26.
- Gomathi K, Parvathavarthini B. An Enhanced Distributed Weighted Clustering Routing Protocol for Key Management. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Feb; 8(4):342–8.
- Yuhua L, Yongfeng Z, Jingju GA. New Clustering Mechanism Based on LEACH Protocol. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. IEEE Communications Society; 2009 Apr. p. 25–6.
- Liu D, Ning P, Li R. Establishing Pairwise Keys in Distributed Sensor Networks Proceedings 10th ACM Conference Computers and Communication Security;2003. p. 52–61.
- Cheng Y, Agrawal DP. An Improved Key Distribution Mechanism for Large-Scale Hierarchical Wireless Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2007; 5(1):35–48.
- Eschenauer L, Gligor. Editors. A key-management scheme for distributed sensor networks. Proceedings of the 9thACM Conference on Computer Communications Security;Washington, DC, USA; 2001 Nov. p. 18–22.
- Chan H, Perrig A, Song D. Random key predistribution schemes for sensor networks. Proceedings of the Symposium Security and Privacy; 2003 May.
- Ruj S, Amiya Nayak A, Stojmenovic I. Pairwise and Triple Key Distribution in Wireless Sensor Networks with Applications. IEEE Transactions on Computing. 2013 Sept 25; 62(11):2224–37.
- Anita MEA, Geetha R, Kannan E. A Novel hybrid key management scheme for establishing secure communication in wireless sensor networks. Wireless personal communication-springer. 2015 Jun; 82(3):1419–33.
- Park MH, Park YH, Jeong HY, Seo SW. Key Management for Multiple Multicast Groups in Wireless Networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing; 2013 Jul 24; 12(9):1712–23.
- Zhu S, Setia S, Jajodia S. Leap+: Efficient security mechanisms for large-scale distributed sensor networks. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks. 2006 Nov; 2(4):500–28.
- Gandino F, Montrucchio B, Rebaudengo M. Random key pre-distribution with transitory master key for wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the 5th International Student Workshop on Emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies. 2009 Dec 1; New York, NY, USA.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.